notation for Resurrectional Apolytikion & Theotokion (HTM translation)

andrew_9687

Νέο μέλος
Does anyone know where I can find scores for the Sunday Apolytikion & Theotokion using the translation in the HTM Horologion? Or, recordings of those would help. I've got a new member in the parish that's expressed interest in learning to chant and I'd like to start him off listening to these hymns. I could use the recordings from Papa Ephraim or Fr. Seraphim Dedes but the translations are different from the HTM text we're using.

Thanks,
Andrew McBroom

I have not seen what you requested anywhere. I believe only Western notation has been used for the HTM translation of the ressurectional apolytikia.

If it helps, Fr. Ephraim's translations of the Resurrectional Theotokia are virtually identical (if not that same) as HTM's. His Resurrectional Apolytikia aren't very different either, with the exception of Plagal First. If you'd like a score of HTM's translation of the Plagal First Mode apolytikion in Byzantine notation, send me a PM.

saltypsalti

Παλαιό Μέλος
If it helps, Fr. Ephraim's translations of the Resurrectional Theotokia are virtually identical (if not that same) as HTM's. His Resurrectional Apolytikia aren't very different either, with the exception of Plagal First. If you'd like a score of HTM's translation of the Plagal First Mode apolytikion in Byzantine notation, send me a PM.
They ARE HTM's translations used by permission.

Regards -JPP