Idiomela for St. John the Forerunner Nativity

Here are some of the Idiomela for June 24, Nativity of St. John the Forerunner. I attempted to base it on Mousike Kypsele 1 (Megales Eortes) - Stephanou - 1898.

Hope this is helpful.

In Christ,
Rdr. Michael

Attachments

Last edited:

GabrielCremeens

Music Director at St. George, Albuquerque, NM
Attached is my own work in the same area; based mostly on the same publication. (Sorry Michael, I didn't see yours until now - my ability to use the internet is sporadic at best.)

I apologize for the not-so-great quality of the images; here in Greece, I don't have access to a scanner, and I simply took pictures using a camera.

The attached images include the Small Vespers Doxastikon (which also shows up in the Praises of St. Febronia a few days later), the idiomela at Lord I have Cried, and the Vespers Doxastikon. I wasn't able to write anything else in time.

This I wrote a few years ago:
http://www.englishmenaion.com/wp-co...nt-John-the-Forerunner-Praises-Doxastikon.pdf

Also, it's very interesting to note that the "Both Now" at Lord I have Cried is the same as the Praises Doxastikon for the Conception of St. John the Forerunner, on September 24th. However, on that day, the exact same hymn is chanted in the plagal fourth mode! (The text is exactly the same, at least from the cursory glance I took at it. But the musical score is different.)

If anyone can offer any insight into this particular fact, I would be interested to hear their thoughts.

In Christ,
Gabriel

Attachments