Forum upgrade

Dimitri

Δημήτρης Κουμπαρούλης, Administrator
Staff member
The forum has now been upgraded. Some things are expected to be different on the surface. Let me know if anything has degraded or is missing. Thank you.

joel

Νέο μέλος
I am experiencing the same issues as shown in the screenshots on the corresponding Greek thread, i.e. forum only appears on the right half of the page. Also, didn't notice if they mentioned it but several icons in the menu at the top (next to menu items Search, What's New, etc.) appear as a rectangle instead of showing the icon.

I tried the following in both Chrome and Firefox, none of which changed anything:
- Logged out
- Logged back in
- Cleared all cookies and site data for analogion.com
- Incognito mode

I did a little exploration in Developer tools to see if I could point out anything that might be useful. Here is what I found:
The forum appearing on half of the screen is due to some <div> elements that have no content taking up the extra space. On a forum or thread page there is one such div (with empty content and class of p-body-contentCol)
1668476606942.png
On the Home page that (that lists all the forums in both languages) there are two such divs:
1668477105370.png
If I delete these divs in developer tools, the page shows normally (full width). Maybe these divs just don't belong or if some style isn't applying right that should make them zero-width or size to content etc.

Regarding the buttons not displaying: It appears that the classes which cause a particular character to be displayed (such as p-navgroup-link--alerts, which renders the character 0xF0F3) are working. It appears that the problem is the style has a font name that is not otherwise included. For example, the style
.p-navgroup-link.p-navgroup-link--iconic i:after
has the font-family specified as simply "FontAwesome". This font name is not included in the CSS but changing it to "Font Awesome 5 Pro", which is available in the CSS, gives a usable icon.

Hope that helps.
Joel

Dimitri

Staff member
Thanks Joel, I am going to investigate this further and update with what I find. It’s interesting it works well for some people so it could be a screen resolution related bug. Stay tuned and thanks for your patience.

joel

Νέο μέλος
Noticed one more thing. The "Like" bar at the bottom of posts looks odd. Instead of the thumbs-up icon being next to the list of users who liked the post, there is now a bullet above the list:

1668491589277.png

This is also visible in another user's screenshot

Dimitri

Staff member
At the bottom left of the forum page (next to the language selector), change Default style to Test style and see if the problem goes away. Then change back to Default style and it should be fine from there. Let me know if the issue persists further.

Screen Shot 2022-11-15 at 10.26.19 pm.png