Which Typikon book do non-Greek speaking communities use?

I think our Bishops (Antiochian) use an Arabic translation of the Mar Sabbas Typikon. I don't think there's a complete translation of any typikon in English yet, so I rely on people with knowledge of Greek and Arabic to tell me what to do. Bishop BASIL has a website with "Typikon charts" that's very helpful.

I'm pretty sure none of our parishes use the Violakis (did I spell that right?)

Rdr Moses

herron.samuel

Ieropsaltis
Funny you should mention that. I think the American Antiochian diocese completely depend on their Bishops, and each one refers to different sources. Bishop JOSEPH is strictly the Antiochian Typikon, Bishop BASIL uses a mix of some Athonite typikons (such as for Lenten Weekday Orthros, he pulls it from an Athonite Typikon, which one I cannot recall) and the National Office pulls from Violakis at times.

indeed- it seems that Bp BASIL is the most competent liturgically. He used to publish very detailed typikon notes each week, until the Archdiocese put a stop to it (his instructions were frequently at odds with the "official" instructions of the Archdiocese). Bp JOSEPH seems to have his assistants do more of the liturgical arranging. This is no criticism of His Grace- he seems to me to be an exceptionally holy man- but he's not quite as "hands on" as Bp BASIL used to be when it comes to liturgics. (these are just my observations- i could be wrong).

Rdr Mo

Π. Δαβίδ

Γενικός συντονιστής
The Typikon of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church is based on these of Constantinos and Violakis.

Π. Δαβίδ

Γενικός συντονιστής
The problem with this typikon is that it was written taking into consideration the Greek menaia or slavic menaia that contained additional texts found in the Greek but not slavic menaia (eg for the feast of St Spiridon, the feast of St Haralampis etc)

GeorgeStef

Νέο μέλος
Dear friends,
I am aware of a singularly important effort currently underway within the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Denver Church Music Federation to translate the Violakis Typikon. Fr. Bob Athos has been the main translator assisted by others. The book is being edited by Dr. George Demos of Denver and is set to be published this year. Information will be posted on the Church Music Federation site of the Denver Metropolis when this work becomes generally available.

A blessed Lenten season to all
GeorgeStef