Ugo Gaisser, I canti ecclesiastici italo-greci

Shota

Παλαιό Μέλος
I uploaded this paper by Ugo Gaisser:

Ugo Gaisser, I canti ecclesiastici italo-greci, Atti del Congresso Internazionale di Scienze Storiche, Roma, 1-9 aprile 1903, VIII: pp. 107-123, 1905.

The entire volume can be downloaded from here. Gaisser's article deals with the Greek chant of the Uniate communities of the Southern Italy. Some transcriptions into the staff notation are given.

Attachments

• Gaisser_ICanti.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 38

Laosynaktis

Παλαιό Μέλος
The Kathisma "Ton tafon sou Sotir" (p. 3) has been also published in byzantine notation in the newspaper "Phorminx" (period B', year B', nr. 10). It is an article by G. I. Xenopoulos, student of the Greek College in Rome, who describes, in Greek, the results of Gaisser.
The melody is given from Ke (diatonic) with some Zw yfesis, when the melody ascends (Gaisser has it always with yfesis) and is identical with that given by Gaisser.
It may be a mere coincidence, but in the discussion of the IInd Conference of the Psaltic art, I (opposing G. Konstantinou and Mr Stathis) presented the hypothesis (based on evidence other than the Arberesh form) that, if this Kathisma had once a diatonic form, close to the chromatic one we sing now, this form would be not in Naos but in a Protos from Ke with continuous Zw yfesis.

(My copy of Phorminx is very bad in these pages, so it has no meaning to scan the article. Sorry!)

dimitrios.zaganas

Παλαιό Μέλος
The Kathisma "Ton tafon sou Sotir" (p. 3) has been also published in byzantine notation in the newspaper "Phorminx" (period B', year B', nr. 10). It is an article by G. I. Xenopoulos, student of the Greek College in Rome, who describes, in Greek, the results of Gaisser.
The melody is given from Ke (diatonic) with some Zw yfesis, when the melody ascends (Gaisser has it always with yfesis) and is identical with that given by Gaisser.
It may be a mere coincidence, but in the discussion of the IInd Conference of the Psaltic art, I (opposing G. Konstantinou and Mr Stathis) presented the hypothesis (based on evidence other than the Arberesh form) that, if this Kathisma had once a diatonic form, close to the chromatic one we sing now, this form would be not in Naos but in a Protos from Ke with continuous Zw yfesis.

(My copy of Phorminx is very bad in these pages, so it has no meaning to scan the article. Sorry!)

Have a look here (p. 3 of .pdf).