Transfiguration - August 6th

herron.samuel

Ieropsaltis
Going to post all hymns for the feast in this thread instead of creating a bunch of individual threads.

Here is a link to the Vesperal Doxastikon I composed yesterday.

Attached is the Aposticha Doxastikon in Plagal 2nd. Feedback and criticism welcome!

~Sam

Attachments

• Aposticha Doxastikon Transfiguration.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 38

herron.samuel

Ieropsaltis
Here are the Lord, I have Cried Vesperal Stichera, Stichera Doxastikon, and Aposticha Doxastikon. I have not gotten to the First Mode Aposticha Stichera, that'll have to wait until next year.

I have composed the Orthros Praises Doxastikon, but haven't had time to type it up. Will upload rough draft tomorrow.

As always, criticism welcome.

~Sam

Attachments

• The Transfiguration of our Lord Jesus Christ.pdf
    738.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Thank you, Sam. These are very nice arrangements.

Until "next year", I thought I would post some arrangements of the Aposticha Stichera and the 1st verse of the Litia and Psalm 50 Idiomelon. Hope some find these useful. (Would also appreciate any feedback on them.)

To the feast!
Rdr. Michael

Attachments

• 08-06 Aposticha vs 1.pdf
    39.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 08-06 Aposticha vs 2.pdf
    43.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 08-06 Aposticha vs 3.pdf
    40.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 08-06 Litia vs 1 & Psalm 50 Idiomelon.pdf
    37.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

herron.samuel

Ieropsaltis
Thank you, Sam. These are very nice arrangements.

Until "next year", I thought I would post some arrangements of the Aposticha Stichera and the 1st verse of the Litia and Psalm 50 Idiomelon. Hope some find these useful. (Would also appreciate any feedback on them.)

To the feast!
Rdr. Michael

Thank you Rdr. Michael, on first glance on the litia you are missing a fthora on your descent to Νη. No big issue, but so you are aware. Thank you for these!

Thank you Rdr. Michael, on first glance on the litia you are missing a fthora on your descent to Νη. No big issue, but so you are aware. Thank you for these!

Thanks for correction. I have made the change and replaced the attachment above. Also added the 3rd verse of the Aposticha.

In Christ,
Rdr. Michael

psteele

Νέο μέλος
Here are the Lord, I have Cried Vesperal Stichera, Stichera Doxastikon, and Aposticha Doxastikon. I have not gotten to the First Mode Aposticha Stichera, that'll have to wait until next year.

I have composed the Orthros Praises Doxastikon, but haven't had time to type it up. Will upload rough draft tomorrow.

As always, criticism welcome.

~Sam

You wouldn't happen to still have this, would you? I would very much like to see it--putting together services for a vigil tomorrow night.

herron.samuel

Ieropsaltis
I am searching for my rough draft, can't find it currently. Here is one I did ten years ago, many things I would change now, but it at least gives you something.

Attachments

• Doxastikon for the Transfiguration.pdf
    407 KB · Views: 24

psteele

Νέο μέλος
Thanks! We didn't end up using the English for that particular one but it will be nice to have on file. :)