Thomas Sunday

Ignatios Hadley

Νέο μέλος
Would anyone happen to have scores for the entreaty and/or the irmosi for Thomas Sunday? Either psaltic notation or western for the scores and in either English or Greek. Thank you. Strength for Lent to all.

MakariosC

@Shota the "Entreaty" is the word for the Liti during Vespers in some English translations.

As far as the OP, @Ignatios Hadley , not sure I can offer you anything beyond the regular standbys. Nothing on the Antiochian Sacred Music Site. GOArch DCS is "being updated", doubtlessly to be finished in the next few weeks (which of course will have both the Greek and English in both western and Byzantine notation, to the GOArch translation).

@GabrielCremeens posted his setting of the idiomela (minus Entreaty verses), to HTM's translation, on his site - and while I think we're all aware of this, I'd still like to reiterate that he's done our community a great service in composing so much stuff and making it available, basically on his own dime.

https://www.englishmenaion.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Thomas-Sunday-Vespers-and-Orthros.pdf

Ignatios Hadley

Νέο μέλος
@Shota the "Entreaty" is the word for the Liti during Vespers in some English translations.

As far as the OP, @Ignatios Hadley , not sure I can offer you anything beyond the regular standbys. Nothing on the Antiochian Sacred Music Site. GOArch DCS is "being updated", doubtlessly to be finished in the next few weeks (which of course will have both the Greek and English in both western and Byzantine notation, to the GOArch translation).

@GabrielCremeens posted his setting of the idiomela (minus Entreaty verses), to HTM's translation, on his site - and while I think we're all aware of this, I'd still like to reiterate that he's done our community a great service in composing so much stuff and making it available, basically on his own dime.

https://www.englishmenaion.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Thomas-Sunday-Vespers-and-Orthros.pdf

Thank you. I use a lot of things from Gabriel Cremeens, the Antiochians, and from the GOA DCS. I had not seen anything for the Entreaty/Litia. Some of the Entreaty hymns are used throughout Thomas week. I need them for Thursday night vespers and Friday orthros.

MakariosC

Thank you. I use a lot of things from Gabriel Cremeens, the Antiochians, and from the GOA DCS. I had not seen anything for the Entreaty/Litia. Some of the Entreaty hymns are used throughout Thomas week. I need them for Thursday night vespers and Friday orthros.

Indeed, as usual for most feasts.

Unfortunately, I certainly am not aware of any source for these in English, though they doubtlessly exist in Greek. Would be interested if you find (or make) any.