The Small Paraklesis composed in English by Basilios Psilacos

saltypsalti

Παλαιό Μέλος
The service of the Small Paraklesis of the Theotokos, composed by Basilios Psilacos has been published on Analogion (analogion.com) for the benefit of all psaltai who want to chant it in English. Please send comments or constructive criticism to this thread. Many thanks to Basilios for his work and kind offer.

Thank you Dimitri --it is a very nice arrangement. I might take a little umbrage with the modern English (I arranged a setting using HTM's translations recently, although its a diamond in the rough), but it flows very nicely.

JPP

Reader Nick

Νέο μέλος
Thank you Dimitri --it is a very nice arrangement. I might take a little umbrage with the modern English (I arranged a setting using HTM's translations recently, although its a diamond in the rough), but it flows very nicely.

JPP

Any chance you would be willing to share your setting?

I know a bunch of people who have been looking around for a version using the HTM's translation!

-Nick

GabrielCremeens

Music Director at St. George, Albuquerque, NM
You're looking for a recording of the Paraklesis as it is chanted according to its "classical" melody? (E.g. using the settings of the Eirmoi found in Petros Peloponnesios or Ioannis Protopsaltis?)

tbullock

You're looking for a recording of the Paraklesis as it is chanted according to its "classical" melody? (E.g. using the settings of the Eirmoi found in Petros Peloponnesios or Ioannis Protopsaltis?)

I'm just looking for a recording of the Mousikos Pandektis version that this score is based on.

By the way, the Mousikos Pandektis version looks very similar to what's found in the Anastasimatarion by Ioannis Protopsaltis. Which is considered the "classical" setting? Or are they both?