Sept. 8th Vespers Idiomela

romanos4

Παλαιό Μέλος
Going through the Doxastarion I've noticed the 2nd and 3rd stichera Idiomela for Great Vespers for the Birth of the Theotokos are conspicuously absent.

Would anyone mind providing a score if available (Greek or English)?

Thank you!

Ross

Pappous43

Παλαιό Μέλος
Going through the Doxastarion I've noticed the 2nd and 3rd stichera Idiomela for Great Vespers for the Birth of the Theotokos are conspicuously absent.

Would anyone mind providing a score if available (Greek or English)?

Thank you!

Ross

You will find these in various minaia BM books e.g.
ZOI, ΜΟΥΣΙΚΟΣ ΠΑΝΔΕΚΤΗΣ vol 6, pp 35-37.
If you still have a problem please send me an e-mail

Here are some of my attempts (Lord I have cried, Litia & Aposticha) in English from 3+ years ago. Hopefully these will be useful to some (until much better arrangements can be found).

Rdr. Michael

Attachments

• 09-08 Vespers Idiomela.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:

romanos4

Παλαιό Μέλος
You will find these in various minaia BM books e.g.
ZOI, ΜΟΥΣΙΚΟΣ ΠΑΝΔΕΚΤΗΣ vol 6, pp 35-37.
If you still have a problem please send me an e-mail

If you can point me to a digital copy that'd be great - otherwise I don't think I have this available.

Thank you for your help though!

R.

Just a note that I found a significant portion of text missing from the Lord I have cried 5th Stichera. The 09-08 Vespers Idiomela.pdf above has been replaced with the correction.

- Rdr. Michael

greek487

Tasos N.
Here are some of my attempts (Lord I have cried, Litia & Aposticha) in English from 3+ years ago. Hopefully these will be useful to some (until much better arrangements can be found).

Rdr. Michael

Very nice Michael! Thank you for sharing your work with us! I enjoyed each of your compositions.

Have you composed many other hymns as well?

Sincerely,
Taso

GabrielCremeens

Music Director at St. George, Albuquerque, NM
Good afternoon everyone,

I've composed musical scores for tonight's feast. I hope these are helpful.

In Christ,
Gabriel

P.S. The top of page 9 warrants special care - it would be worth practicing that modulation by itself, multiple times, as it becomes enharmonic grave mode. This is the only time I have ever seen this kind of modulation in plagal second.

Attachments

• Nativity of the Theotokos.pdf
    5.8 MB · Views: 64