On the melody of 'Christ is risen'

zinoviev

Μέλος
Christ is risen!

What kind of melody is appropriate for the troparion of Pascha at the beginning of the services - sticheraric or irmologic?

Also I'd like to ask which melody is usually used at the end of the Liturgy?

How many times is the troparion chanted after the Doxastikon of Pascha? The Bulgarian psaltic book seems to suggest 3 times but a Russian book specifies 4 times (the first time as part of the Doxastikon and another 3 times as actually a troparion).

herron.samuel

Ieropsaltis
Christ is risen!

What kind of melody is appropriate for the troparion of Pascha at the beginning of the services - sticheraric or irmologic?

I've heard (and been requested to perform) several different variations regarding this. Personally I prefer sticheraric and believe this is the practice at most Byzantine Churches, but I do not know for sure.

Also I'd like to ask which melody is usually used at the end of the Liturgy?

Sticheraric.

How many times is the troparion chanted after the Doxastikon of Pascha? The Bulgarian psaltic book seems to suggest 3 times but a Russian book specifies 4 times (the first time as part of the Doxastikon and another 3 times as actually a troparion).

In Greek and Arab practice it is 3.

Π. Δαβίδ

Γενικός συντονιστής
At thar point of the service it maybe chanted either recitativo or in mode II imitating the melody for "Blessed be the name of the Lord" or in some other short melody.