Memorial service music?

RichardRBarrett

Μέλος
Quick question -- why no Meta twn agiwn in this score? Any idea where I can find that?

Thank you very much for your help!

Richard

Last edited:

apostolos

Απόστολος Κομπίτσης
Richard,

You can find a more complete fyllada for the funeral service (pick out the stuff you need for memorials and trisagia) HERE. It was uploaded to this forum back in March of '09 and it is the work of ieropsaltis Constantine Douzgou of blessed memory. It's 50 pages, but it has a few "options" for you to choose from. There are a few "typos" in it, so be careful. (It's really hand-written, but you know what I mean when I say "typos".)

Incidentally, the Typikon of Violakis technically does not call for the "Meta ton agion" Kontakion. After the Evlogitaria you go straight to the Idiomela. Perhaps it was a later addition in the service books, but I'm not 100% sure.

Hope this helps.

Apostolos

Last edited:

saltypsalti

Παλαιό Μέλος
Richard,

You can find a more complete fyllada for the funeral service (pick out the stuff you need for memorials and trisagia) HERE. It was uploaded to this forum back in March of '09 and it is the work of ieropsaltis Constantine Douzgou of blessed memory. It's 50 pages, but it has a few "options" for you to choose from. There are a few "typos" in it, so be careful. (It's really hand-written, but you know what I mean when I say "typos".)

Incidentally, the Typikon of Violakis technically does not call for the "Meta ton agion" Kontakion. After the Evlogitaria you go straight to the Idiomela. Perhaps it was a later addition in the service books, but I'm not 100% sure.

Hope this helps.

Apostolos

As always, Apostolos, the contributions from your knowledge banks to the list are invaluable.

JPP