January 29 - St. Ignatius the God-bearer of Antioch

Below are the Doxastica for January 29 - St. Ignatius the God-bearer of Antioch. Not finding these in any of the Byzantine books I had, I set these as well as my limited skill allowed.

Hope some find this helpful.

In Christ,
Rdr. Michael

Attachments

• 01-29 Lord I Cry Doxasticon T8.pdf
    39.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 01-29 Aposticha Doxasticon T1.pdf
    38.4 KB · Views: 17

Reader Nick

Νέο μέλος
Thanks for your work, Reader Michael! It saved me a bit of time! Just a few comments:

Generally, I wouldn't pronounce "Ignatius" as four syllables in English, but others might.

In the third line, on "Gospel of Christ", it seems like the last three notes are tacked on, rather than finishing the line. Personally, I might add a klasma to "-pel", and ascend back to Dhi on "Christ" (with an oligon-kentema-gorgon combo + apostrophos on "of").

On "worthy", in the same line, I might actually make that an ison with a klasma...for some reason the chosen phrase after the scale modulation seems weird to me (going up to Ke).

The "6" on the penultimate line doesn't seem absolutely necessary, also.

Besides that, any other comments would be stylistic and interpretive, and therefore a bit subjective (and to detailed for right now). :eek:)

Thanks again!!
-Subdn. Nick

GabrielCremeens

Music Director at St. George, Albuquerque, NM
...Not finding these in any of the Byzantine books I had...l

Hello Michael,

It's a little tricky. :wink:

St. Ignatius's main feast day is December 20th. Yesterday's doxastika are taken directly from that service.

You should be able to find settings in any of the classical doxastaria (the 1820 edition by Petros Ephesios, Mousike Kypseli, etc).

-Gabriel