Idiomela for the Entrance of the Theotokos - Nov. 21

Here are a couple of the Idiomela for the Entrance of the Theotokos that were done some years ago.

If you know of or have others, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

To the feast.
Rdr. Michael

Attachments

• 11-21 Aposticha Doxasticon 2014.pdf
    45.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 11-21 Psalm 50 Idiomela 1.pdf
    40.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 11-21 Psalm 50 Idiomela 2.pdf
    44 KB · Views: 23
  • 11-21 Praises Doxasticon 2014.pdf
    40.6 KB · Views: 38
Here is a recent attempt at setting the Lord I have called Doxasticon. There are a number of tricky transitions that I was not certain about. I would appreciate any recommendations / corrections.

In Christ,
Rdr. Michael

Attachments

• 11-21 Lord I Cry Doxasticon T8.pdf
    43 KB · Views: 40

saltypsalti

Παλαιό Μέλος
Here is a recent attempt at setting the Lord I have called Doxasticon. There are a number of tricky transitions that I was not certain about. I would appreciate any recommendations / corrections.

In Christ,
Rdr. Michael

Will give it a "sing through" on the Feast with pencil out.

JPP

herron.samuel

Ieropsaltis

In Christ,
Rdr. Michael

I have an insane work week until Thursday, so it'll probably not be until Friday I can take a good look as to work out the corrections. Thanks for this! I do admire you working on staying close to the Kypseli score for this piece. If you have the Efesios Doxastarion, check this piece out there and see if the slightly different formula used in similar spots help inspire some different ways to compose the formulas you struggled on, such as "O sovereign lady - θεόνυμφε Δέσποινα". Efesios writes it in a way that might help you write a thesis without it being so awkward to sing with the odd rhythm and flats, yet preserves the melodic contour to ending on βου. I'm attaching a screenshot for you to see the beginning of the piece.

Thanks for your hard work, it is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    683 KB · Views: 11