Doxastica for Sts. Peter and Paul - June 29

Enclosed are arrangements of the Doxastica for July 29. The text is from the HTM Menaion and I tried to follow the 1898 Mousike Kepsele.

Would appreciate any comments, corrections, etc. Hopefully some will find this helpful.

Rdr. Michael

P.S. Basil Crow also has a very nice sticheraric version of the Lord I have called Stichera at http://music.basilcrow.com/

Attachments

• 06-29 Lord I Cry Doxasticon.pdf
    45.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 06-29 Aposticha Doxasticon.pdf
    41 KB · Views: 45
  • 06-29 Praises Doxasticon.pdf
    40.3 KB · Views: 29

GabrielCremeens

Music Director at St. George, Albuquerque, NM
For what it's worth, here are two more settings of the Vespers Doxastikon that I did last year. I would definitely change some things this time around, but they are what they are for the time being.

The one setting, from what I recall, is based on Kypseli; I think the other may have been loosely inspired by Konstantinos Protopsaltis... but not really. :)

-Gabriel

Attachments

• Sts Peter and Paul - simple 01.jpg
    Sts Peter and Paul - simple 01.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
  • Sts Peter and Paul - simple 02.jpg
    Sts Peter and Paul - simple 02.jpg
    735.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Sts Peter and Paul - long 001.jpg
    Sts Peter and Paul - long 001.jpg
    789.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Sts Peter and Paul - long 002.jpg
    Sts Peter and Paul - long 002.jpg
    659.8 KB · Views: 9

romanos4

Παλαιό Μέλος
Michael,

At first glance in the Aposticha Doxastikon you need some hard chromatic phthoras to put the melody back into Plagal 2nd at " today" above the martyria of Di and then the next martyria should be for hard chromatic Di as the piece should have returned there by the aforementioned pthora.

If I notice other items I'll post them. Thanks for posting these scores.

R.

Enclosed are arrangements of the Doxastica for July 29. The text is from the HTM Menaion and I tried to follow the 1898 Mousike Kepsele.

Would appreciate any comments, corrections, etc. Hopefully some will find this helpful.

Rdr. Michael

P.S. Basil Crow also has a very nice sticheraric version of the Lord I have called Stichera at http://music.basilcrow.com/

herron.samuel

Ieropsaltis

Rdr. Michael

Not to be picky, but you also may want to change the title of this to June 29th so as to not get confusing for anybody looking in the future.

GabrielCremeens

Hi everyone,

Here are a couple of settings for the feast coming up. Attached are settings of the Aposticha and Praises Doxastika.

I will probably write a second setting of the Praises Doxastikon - there are some parts of it I am not happy with right now - and I hope to post that, God willing, tomorrow, along with the Orthros Idiomelon. I don't know if I am going to have time to set anything else, but we'll see.

In Christ,
Gabriel

Attachments

• DSCI2268.JPG
    DSCI2268.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
  • DSCI2269.JPG
    DSCI2269.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
  • DSCI2270.JPG
    DSCI2270.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
  • DSCI2271.JPG
    DSCI2271.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 9
  • DSCI2272.JPG
    DSCI2272.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 3

GabrielCremeens

A couple more additions - the Orthros Idiomelon (which is also the Small Vespers Doxastikon and an Idiomelon of the Lity), a second setting of the Praises Doxastikon, and the Praises Doxastikon for June 30th (the Synaxis of the 12 Apostles).

I apologize for the bad lighting - it's a little late here; usually I have natural light when I take these pictures. :)

-Gabriel

Attachments

• DSCI2276.JPG
    DSCI2276.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • DSCI2277.JPG
    DSCI2277.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • DSCI2278.JPG
    DSCI2278.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • DSCI2279.JPG