I have the notation of Grigorie Protopsalt
But there is far more ornamentation then in the writing
Im so in love with this Angelopulos version
Maybe some of you has the original Angelopulos Version

http://youtu.be/fkzS5fx_urg

Goran

GabrielCremeens

Music Director at St. George, Albuquerque, NM
You're right, it is the one by Grigorios the Protopsaltis. And yes, it is excessively ornamented. It is basically just ornamented according to the method and interpretation of the Karas school - I don't think you would be able to find a score with all their interpretations written in; their whole method is to use the old score, albeit with signs from the Old Method inserted, and their particular "style" applied to the interpretation of the score. I doubt that you would find an analytical score for the way they chant it.

-Gabriel

EIRYK EMNOSHELE

Qu'est-ce que je ferais sans toi?

Attachments

• PanayiotisPappas_TheeaLetooryia_SamplePage.jpg
    PanayiotisPappas_TheeaLetooryia_SamplePage.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 23

RichardRBarrett

Μέλος
I doubt that you would find an analytical score for the way they chant it.

-Gabriel

The Axion Estin Foundation at one point sold a pdf of scores used by the EBX in the CD "Sacred Music of Byzantium", including the Gregorios Third Mode Cherubikon. The scores were John Michael Boyer's digitally-typeset editions of the EBX's performing scores, as well as his transcriptions of them into staff notation. Unfortunately, going by their website, Axion Estin does not appear to be selling either the CD or the scores anymore (or, for that matter, Katy Romanou's translation of Chrysanthos). Here is, shall we say, my archival copy for your reference, however.

Richard

Attachments

• Axion Estin Foundation, Sacred Music of Byzantium scores.pdf
    7.8 MB · Views: 43