Basic Question

aprilka

Παλαιό Μέλος
Sorry, very basic question

What melody for Doksa ... Ke nin, is right to sing, or neumes, between apolitikion and teotokion, lets say tone 4th

To fedron tis anastaseos kirigma ... DOKSA KE NIN

Cos. in the anastasimarion there is no neumes between apolitikion and teotokion

Goran

romanos4

Παλαιό Μέλος

What melody for Doksa ... Ke nin, is right to sing, or neumes, between apolitikion and teotokion, lets say tone 4th

Goran

The Hmerologion should prescribe. Generally if its Orthros on a Sunday you chant the resurrectional apolytikia, Doxa Patri Kai Yio Kai Agio pneumati, then the apolytikia of the feast/saint then Kai nin Kai Aei kai eis tous aionas ton aionon, Amin and the theotokion in the tone of the feast/saint's apolytikion.

The Anastasimatarion doesn't always contain the precise rubrics.

Sites like eMatins contain Sunday Orthros texts that would be used at most parishes but the Hmerologion will indicate what to do.

Π. Δαβίδ

Γενικός συντονιστής

Goran

You can do it "recitativo" on the key note of the tone. Alternatively, if you wish to chant them search for the melody used in the stepeni of each tone before the troparion to the Holy Spirit. Dinev's Osmoglasnik with linear notation has 1 set of stepeni per tone.

neoklis

Νεοκλής Λευκόπουλος, Γενικός Συντονιστής
One option.

Attachments

• Anavatmoi_1st_tone.jpg
    Anavatmoi_1st_tone.jpg
    577.7 KB · Views: 16

aprilka

Παλαιό Μέλος
Thank you
I use Anastasimatarion - Ioannou Protopsaltou - 1905

Is there any fast way to move to specific part of anastasimarion when reading the .PDF
Or is it posted separated, like apolitikions, kirie ekekraksa, anavathmoi, ....

Last edited:

neoklis

Νεοκλής Λευκόπουλος, Γενικός Συντονιστής
Thank you
I use Anastasimatarion - Ioannou Protopsaltou - 1905

Is there any fast way to move to specific part of anastasimarion when reading the .PDF
Or is it posted separated, like apolitikions, kirie ekekraksa, anavathmoi, ....

The Anstasimatarion with bookmarks (new typing using "melodos" software) here.

romanos4

Παλαιό Μέλος
With respect to the Apolytikia in 4th tone - I believe the hymn ends on Vou and the Theotokion (To Ap'aionos...) starts on vou as well however I believe most will intone the Doxa on "Di" (possibly moving up to Ke and back down to Di) - since these Apolytikia take the soft chromatic scale with base note "Di" despite final cadences on Vou.

Neoklis offers an example from the Anavathmoi (his screen shot is for Plagal 1st) but for 4th tone the anavathmoi are "legetos" not soft chromatic in which case intoning Doxa/Kai Nun on Vou makes sense.

My instinct is that these things aren't so strict and you probably have a bit of freedom, though I wouldn't do anything too wild.

R.

Last edited:

aprilka

Παλαιό Μέλος
Can yuo tell me few more words, about this difference in 4th tone, where Apolitikon is in Soft Chromatic, but Doxa ke Nin is not ?
Is it ok to change scale for Doksa ke Nin ?

saltypsalti

Παλαιό Μέλος
Can yuo tell me few more words, about this difference in 4th tone, where Apolitikon is in Soft Chromatic, but Doxa ke Nin is not ?
Is it ok to change scale for Doksa ke Nin ?

Never heard of such a thing. Can you provide a score example?

JPP

aprilka

Παλαιό Μέλος
As I see, apolitikon in this anastasimarion
Αναστασιματάριο με τον Μελωδό τρίτη έκδοση
Is in soft chromatic scale
But doxa ke in, at anavathmi is in diatonic scale
At 4th tone.

Last edited: