Audio recording from new CD

Georgijpsalt

Νέο μέλος
Respected Psaltes,
With this message I send my greetings and thanks for the very useful site for psaltic art. Also the subject of this message is my audio recording of the Liturgy Hymn Agios, Agios, Agios from the Eucharist Canon, sung and composed by me. I hope that I will be able to interes you and to read Yours respected comments about my chanting and about the composition. This recording is example of my new Liturgy Himns CD wich is about to be published next month. The sining language is Church-Slavic.

In Christe, Georgij Psalt.

Attachments

• 01 Svjat,Svjat,Svjat.wma
    1.3 MB · Views: 85

Nikola

Νέο μέλος
Brother Georgij, I hardly waith to hear all other songs from your cd? How can I get it in Serbia?

Last edited:

Π. Δαβίδ

Γενικός συντονιστής
Please write in English or Greek.
I understand Serbian (and some other members may understand it too) but the vast majority do not.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Π. Δαβίδ

Γενικός συντονιστής
As co-ordinator of the forum for psaltic music in languages other than Greek I welcome this recording. Nonetheless, I must say that the performer's style has a very heavy "western accent" (i.e. influences of western music), though his voice is excellent. I do not write this comment to condemn or demoralize anyone. The performer should listen a bit more to recordings of traditional psalts both in Greek and in other languages and try to acquire elements of their style.

Γιώργος Μ.

Γιώργος Μπάτζιος
As co-ordinator of the forum for psaltic music in languages other than Greek I welcome this recording. Nonetheless, I must say that the performer's style has a very heavy "western accent" (i.e. influences of western music), though his voice is excellent. I do not write this comment to condemn or demoralize anyone. The performer should listen a bit more to recordings of traditional psalts both in Greek and in other languages and try to acquire elements of their style.
You are right, Panagiotis, as regards to traditional chanting, I think, however, that we should judge every kind of music in its own perspective. To my personal taste, this performance (that bears to me memories from Russian church music rather than western ones) is so nice that I wish I could have all the tracks...Congratulations, dear Georgijpsalt..

(Δικιο έχεις, Παναγιώτη, σε ό, τι αφορά το παραδοσιακό ψάλσιμο, αλλά πιστεύω ότι θα πρεπει να κρίνουμε κάθε είδος μουσικής με τους δικούς του όρους. Για το δικό μου γούστο, αυτή η ερμηνεία (που μου θυμίζει περισσότερο ακούσματα ρωσικής εκκλησιαστικής μουσικής και λιγότερο δυτικής) είναι τόσο ωραία που θα ευχόμουν να έχω όλα τα κομμάτια...)