Another Byzantine Organ

SergM

Νέο μέλος
I want when I sing Byzantine music without text to be able to save the melody in the form of Byzantine music, as now that I save the member in the MUSIC directory.
It sounds like music recognition from audio recording. No, there is no such function here, and was not planned.
I think it's not that easy. Sorry.

SergM

Νέο μέλος
Initially it worked fine for me (10.15.7) but after giving a try to a Voice feature (might have changed something in the settings while figuring out it's point) the organ itself (both Melos and isokratima) had become silent even after disabling the voice feature (no sound). Tried reinstalling, rebooting, can't think of how to get it work again. The metronome sounds okay though.
Thanks
Maybe resetting app preferences will help. Try to enter in the Terminal:
Code:
$ pkill byzorgan
$ defaults delete com.sm-home-made-software.Virtual\ Byzantine\ Organ
Also, you can try new experimental version 1.6.4 for Mac.

nikolay

$ defaults delete com.sm-home-made-software.Virtual\ Byzantine\ Organ

thank you so much, that helped (while mere installing the new version didn't)!

for those who are new to terminal: commands should be entered without "$"

Last edited:

catalintu

Νέο μέλος
In fact, I don't know at all if it works on a real Mac. I only have a virtual Mac on which the sound doesn't work at all. I rely on the third party "RtAudio" library, hoping that everything is done right there. Your report is the first. Can someone else test the latest version on a Mac? Do voice functions work? And please report the version of your MacOS.

But it really could be because of the security of accessing the microphone. Perhaps this is due to the new security features that have appeared in the MacOS Mojave...

[NOTE: I wrote this before I saw the 1.6.4. version, which actually solved the problem] I found a work around, once the software is installed I have to go in the package contents, and launch the byzorgan executable file directly from the MacOs folder and then it works, the voice feature etc. ... I think is has something to do with permission to use the microphone...when you run form the package contents the app is run form the Terminal. Terminal is an app that has access to the microphone (I checked in Privacy settings). Byzorgan does not have access to the microphone. So maybe the solution is to modify somehow the app to ask permission to use the microphone, I think this may solve the problem.

Last edited:

catalintu

Νέο μέλος
Ok It works now! thank you all for your help. What I did was delete the old version (1.6.2), run the terminal commands o delete the previous settings and install the new 1.6.4. When you open 1.6.4 for the first time now, it asks permission to use the microphone. Once permission granted it WORKS!!!