Another Byzantine Organ

SergM

Νέο μέλος
The new Virtual Byzantine Organ is released!
It uses Chrysanthos diatonic scale: 9/8 - 12/11 - 88/81.
Only 17 (or 19) steps per octave. All Byzantine scales with some parachords without retune.
Have a metronome.
Available in English and Russian translations (but, maybe someone will help me translate it into other languages?)

Binaries are available for Windows XP/7/8/10, Debian Linux 9 and MacOS 10.12+
Sources also available, it's may be compiled for any platform, supported by Qt 4 or 5.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/byzorgan/
byzorgan.png

catalintu

Νέο μέλος
I have a problem with the internal mic on Mac not working so basically all the voice features are not working. Mic works well with other apps. I tried external mic and says does not have enough chanels. Is thre a problem with the MIDI set-up? Do you have a set of values that work? or maybe a question of security access to mic?

Last edited:

SergM

Νέο μέλος
In fact, I don't know at all if it works on a real Mac. I only have a virtual Mac on which the sound doesn't work at all. I rely on the third party "RtAudio" library, hoping that everything is done right there. Your report is the first. Can someone else test the latest version on a Mac? Do voice functions work? And please report the version of your MacOS.

But it really could be because of the security of accessing the microphone. Perhaps this is due to the new security features that have appeared in the MacOS Mojave...

Last edited:

Βάκτρο

Thanks a lot this truly great!!!!!!!!!!! It works great on windows 10!!!
is there a chance for a vst release for DAWs?
and Midi input option would be very efficient
thanks again for your work

SergM

Νέο μέλος
Thanks a lot this truly great!!!!!!!!!!! It works great on windows 10!!!
is there a chance for a vst release for DAWs?
and Midi input option would be very efficient
thanks again for your work
VST - most likely it will not.
MIDI input can be done, but it is not clear how to map a keyboard with 12 keys per octave to a synthesizer with 17 keys per octave. Switch depending on the selected scale? And you will also need to select a channel for the MIDI input: melos or ison.

SergM

Νέο μέλος
I make a "Music " folder ( in C: ) but no recording is done
No, this is an existing system folder. On Windows it is usually located at "C:\Users\<your name>\Music"
Or it can be found in the start menu. Or in the left menu in the explorer.
You can also just run a search for recently created *.wav files.

tzark

Μέλος
No, this is an existing system folder. On Windows it is usually located at "C:\Users\<your name>\Music"
Or it can be found in the start menu. Or in the left menu in the explorer.
You can also just run a search for recently created *.wav files.
You told me right it is ok
Could the program save the variation ??
Thanks

nikolay

In fact, I don't know at all if it works on a real Mac. I only have a virtual Mac on which the sound doesn't work at all. I rely on the third party "RtAudio" library, hoping that everything is done right there. Your report is the first. Can someone else test the latest version on a Mac? Do voice functions work? And please report the version of your MacOS.

But it really could be because of the security of accessing the microphone. Perhaps this is due to the new security features that have appeared in the MacOS Mojave...

Hi
Thank you very much for the first Mac app of this sort!
Initially it worked fine for me (10.15.7) but after giving a try to a Voice feature (might have changed something in the settings while figuring out it's point) the organ itself (both Melos and isokratima) had become silent even after disabling the voice feature (no sound). Tried reinstalling, rebooting, can't think of how to get it work again. The metronome sounds okay though.
Thanks

SergM

Νέο μέλος
I have a problem with the internal mic on Mac not working so basically all the voice features are not working. Mic works well with other apps. I tried external mic and says does not have enough chanels. Is thre a problem with the MIDI set-up? Do you have a set of values that work? or maybe a question of security access to mic?
I may have found a solution. Try on Mac version 1.6.4 from the experimental folder. Direct link

SergM

Νέο μέλος
Unfortunately, I do not have a mac, but only windows
This was the answer for the catalintu, related to the mic not working on the Mac.

But I don't understand your problem: do you want to play this melody with all the decorations on the synthesizer? Or is the voice distorted during recording and loses some sound tints? Or something else?

tzark

Μέλος
This was the answer for the catalintu, related to the mic not working on the Mac.

But I don't understand your problem: do you want to play this melody with all the decorations on the synthesizer? Or is the voice distorted during recording and loses some sound tints? Or something else?

I want when I sing Byzantine music without text to be able to save the melody in the form of Byzantine music, as now that I save the member in the MUSIC directory.
I have the program byzorgan.exe Version 1.6.3
Thank you very much for the help you offer me.
Apostle