Romanian Anastasimatarions

marinescu

Hi,

I have a Romanian Anastasimatarion by Macarie with the modern romanian instead of the slavonic letters. I know it's based on Petros Anastasimatarion instead of Ioannis. is there a Romanian anastasimatarion based on Ioannis? Also is the Buchet Muzical Athonit Anastasimatarul book any different from the Macaria Anastasimatar?[

Last edited:

Shota

Παλαιό Μέλος
As far as I know there is no Romanian Anastasimatarion that is a direct translation of Ioannis' work. But Chourmouzios' 1832 edition is more or less the same as Ioannis' (except that it's not complete as Ioannis: some modes are heirmologic and others sticheraric), and that had influence in Romania. You can try Suceveanu. It's in Slavonic letters though!

marinescu

As far as I know there is no Romanian Anastasimatarion that is a direct translation of Ioannis' work. But Chourmouzios' 1832 edition is more or less the same as Ioannis' (except that it's not complete as Ioannis: some modes are heirmologic and others sticheraric), and that had influence in Romania. You can try Suceveanu. It's in Slavonic letters though!
Hi thank you for the response, Suceveanu to my understanding doesn’t have a complete anastasimatarion I’ve never seen it however many modern books have been made based off of his the buchet musical athonit anastasimatria is almost entirely suceveanu by it has many compositions from Victor Ojog, Macarie Ieromonahul, and some other people. Suceveanu his within one are almost identical to ioannis but some of the other stuff are different. He’s a great composer but a lot of the people who have transcribed his thesis into modern Romanian have changed them a little bit making them weird in places. I don’t read Slavonic so I’m stuck with the modern stuff. Btw are you Albanian your name is shota?

Shota

Παλαιό Μέλος

marinescu

No, I'm not Albanian.

Suceveanu has a complete Anastasimatarion, with exaposteilaria and heothina doxastika, only the kanons are missing. If you mean that not all modes are sticheraric, that's how it is in Greek chanting practice too. I think only some Karas' adepts sing all stichera sticherarically.

http://www.stavropoleos.ro/wp-conte..._veche//suceveanu_anastasimatar_iasi_1848.pdf
I thought his anastasimatarion wasn’t complete because of the athonit anastasimataria they used many things from him but not everything I know he has Eothinon they are almost identical to ioannou and I thought you were Albanian because shota is an Albanian song dance thing

motan

Νέο μέλος
Γεια,

Έχω ένα ρουμάνικο Αναστασιματάριο του Macarie με τα σύγχρονα ρουμανικά αντί για τα σλαβικά γράμματα. Ξέρω ότι βασίζεται στον Πέτρο Αναστασιματάριο αντί για τον Ιωάννη. υπάρχει ρουμανικό αναστασιματάριο με βάση τον Ιωάννη; Επίσης, διαφέρει το βιβλίο Buchet Muzical Athonit Anastasimatarul από το Macaria Anastasimatar;[
Οι Ρουμάνοι δεν έχουν σλάβικη γραφή

Οι Ρουμάνοι δεν έχουν σλάβικη γραφή
Not now, but before mid 1862, it was mostly the Cyrillic alphabet that was used in Romania.
Cantemir, from what I remember, said that Romanians had switched to the Cyrillic alphabet after the Council of Florence, in order to distance themselves from the Latin heretics.