EZ Psaltica Lyrics Entry

David S

Forgive me, this may be a dumb question. It seems like entering the lyrics with Fr. Ephraim's EZ package is an inordinately painful process. Is this just the way it is or am I missing something?

DimitrisF

~ ~ ~ + ~ ~ ~
Forgive me, this may be a dumb question. It seems like entering the lyrics with Fr. Ephraim's EZ package is an inordinately painful process. Is this just the way it is or am I missing something?

Head over to www.papline.gr
You will find there a very well-thought and FREE application that utilises Fr. Ephraim's fonts, can enter lyrics really fast, and has all the features you will need. The website also has a library from which you can download a collection of hymns in .docx format and process them as you wish.

Elesvaan

Thanks a lot! I used it to transcribe music with Greek lyrics and using the BZ Psaltica font. But there seems to be a problem when I use the EZ Psaltica font because it doesn't read the notations properly and I can't understand the settings because they are in Greek.

Pappous43

Παλαιό Μέλος
Indeed, by using the proposed papline.gr package you get an extra bonus: You can import your score (saved as .mk3) to BZQ and then hear its parallagi playing with a human voice ("Niiii paaaa") plus quality (eg petasti) plus orthography check and other tools.

Pappous43

Παλαιό Μέλος
There is also Neanes. It does not use Microsoft Word, but rather its own file format and you can save as PDF or print.
Indeed. Neanes can be uniquely imported to BZQ including lyrics (important, see below).
It is then possible to use various automatic BZQ tools e.g.
-Listen to the parallagi/solfege file pronouncing "niiih paah" or "doooh reeeh" with human voice, or instrument
-Listen to calibrated analysis of quality characters (petasti etc)
-See orthographical errors
-Uniquely create BZQ database of Neanes which need lyrics for accents in phrases
-See differences from the Average Byzantine style
-Convert score to Western
-Include Reverb and Portamento