Koinonikon for Tou Stavrou (Sept. 14th)

romanos4

Παλαιό Μέλος
Would be curious if there are any short or medium length compositions in English of the Communion Hymn for the Exaltation of the Cross available (beyond the version on the St. Anthony's website or Fr. Seraphim's simple Plagal 4th Melody).

Thanks!

R.

romanos4

Παλαιό Μέλος
Good day,

Could the skilled among you be commissioned to compose/adapt a papadic version of Ἐσημειώθη ἐφ᾿ ἡμᾶς in time for the 14th?

This is the feast of my parish and also the 50th anniversary of its founding. It certainly would be nice, especially with our Metropolitan and many priests communing, to have something of a more appropriate length.

If someone has access to Pappagiannis's antiphonarion that would be a more simple adaptation (where translations of the verses would be the bulk of the effort) and also provide an opportunity to experience that paradigm.

If there are any takers feel free to message me.

Yours,

Ross

ΒΑΙΟΣ ΝΤΕΛΗΣ

Παλαιό Μέλος
Good day,

Could the skilled among you be commissioned to compose/adapt a papadic version of Ἐσημειώθη ἐφ᾿ ἡμᾶς in time for the 14th?

This is the feast of my parish and also the 50th anniversary of its founding. It certainly would be nice, especially with our Metropolitan and many priests communing, to have something of a more appropriate length.

If someone has access to Pappagiannis's antiphonarion that would be a more simple adaptation (where translations of the verses would be the bulk of the effort) and also provide an opportunity to experience that paradigm.

If there are any takers feel free to message me.

Yours,

Ross

I've smoothened out a couple of "monosimos" measures in the interpretation ("ate them up")...

Look at the original by ioannis
(It's in one of the three books that can be downloade here
http://anemi.lib.uoc.gr/metadata/b/8/4/metadata-06-0000088.tkl

If you use it, light a candle for me including the day of the festivity, please.

GKM

Attachments

• GKM 2014 Eng Menaion 09 14 Communion Hymn for The Exaltation of the Precious Cross mode 4 Hagia.png
    GKM 2014 Eng Menaion 09 14 Communion Hymn for The Exaltation of the Precious Cross mode 4 Hagia.png
    286.2 KB · Views: 56
  • GKM 2014 Eng Menaion 09 14 Communion Hymn for The Exaltation of the Precious Cross mode 4 Hagia .mp3
    5 MB · Views: 14

GabrielCremeens

Music Director at St. George, Albuquerque, NM
A year late, but I wasn't exactly equipped to attempt something like this last year. I hope this is helpful.

In Christ,
Gabriel

Attachments

• September 14th Communion Hymn (Agia).pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 15