Sunday of the Samaritan Woman

Christos Anesti!

Enclosed are a couple settings of the Lord I have called Doxasticon for the Sunday of the Samaritan Woman and Aposticha Doxasticon for Mid-Pentecost / Samaritan Woman. We humbly submit these for your review and hopefully are of some use.

Rdr. Michael

Attachments

• Mid-Pentecost Aposticha Doxasticon T8.pdf
    41.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Samaritan Woman Sun Lord I Cry Doxasticon T6.pdf
    38.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

herron.samuel

Ieropsaltis
Just curious, any reason as to why on "who was sorely inflamed" you performed the formula from Δι and transposed the hard chromatic from Πα on Δι instead of just going to Κε?

romanos4

Παλαιό Μέλος
I second Samuel's question - also you need a nenano phthora above the martyria of di at the very end of the score to properly end the piece in Plagal 2nd mode ( between "compassionate" and "and the friend...")

neoklis

Νεοκλής Λευκόπουλος, Γενικός Συντονιστής
Just curious, any reason as to why on "who was sorely inflamed" you performed the formula from Δι and transposed the hard chromatic from Πα on Δι instead of just going to Κε?

Like a chromatic interval which is sometimes used in an otherwise diatonic score for emphasizing a certain point, the same way in a chromatic score we use the phthora of Pa on Di to the same effect.

This transposition appeared in the source I was attempting to follow: Mousike Kypsele 2 (Triodion & Pentecostarion) - Stephanou

I second Samuel's question - also you need a nenano phthora above the martyria of di at the very end of the score to properly end the piece in Plagal 2nd mode ( between "compassionate" and "and the friend...")
Thanks. The nenano phthora has been corrected and updated in the original post.

GabrielCremeens

Music Director at St. George, Albuquerque, NM
Some more scores for this feast.

-Gabriel

Attachments

• Sunday of the Samaritan Woman - Gabriel Cremeens (Idiomela only).pdf
    442.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Wednesday of Mid-Pentecost - Prosomia.pdf
    296.2 KB · Views: 21