Are there equivalents of Μουσική Κυψέλη in other languages?

GabrielCremeens

Music Director at St. George, Albuquerque, NM
Hello all,

I hope this joyful Pentecostarion season finds all of you well!

I'm writing to try to find some information for a research project I'm hoping to do this fall. Are there equivalents of Μουσική Κυψέλη in other languages, such as Slavonic or Arabic? I'm trying to look a little more into the adaptation of Doxastika into other languages - basically what Papa Ephraim has done in his article "Concerning Adaptation," (http://www.stanthonysmonastery.org/music/Adaptation.pdf), but a little more in-depth, such as looking at other modes, preservation of text-painting in other languages, and so on.

In Christ,
Gabriel

Π. Δαβίδ

Γενικός συντονιστής
In Slavonic there exist "Psaltikien Minei" and Psaltikien Triod by Manasij pop Teodorov and also similar books by Angel Ivanov.

GabrielCremeens

Are either of these books comparable to Kypseli in terms of style? Were they basically adaptations from Kypseli, or were they composed in another style?

μάρκελλος

Μάρκελλος Πιράρ, Γενικός συντονιστής
Are either of these books comparable to Kypseli in terms of style? Were they basically adaptations from Kypseli, or were they composed in another style?

Definitely, the Mitri and Fou'ad Al Murr 's books are different in terms of style since their melodies were not directly inspired by Stephanos' Kypseli. I would call their style "Antiochian".

GabrielCremeens

Does anyone know where I can find publishing information for these books (copyright, publication year, etc), and also where I could obtain them for research purposes? Either pdfs, if they are no longer copyrighted, or a library that could loan them, or a bookstore where I could obtain them? God willing, I will be in Athens in the fall, if they cannot be obtained within the US.

μάρκελλος

Does anyone know where I can find publishing information for these books (copyright, publication year, etc), and also where I could obtain them for research purposes? Either pdfs, if they are no longer copyrighted, or a library that could loan them, or a bookstore where I could obtain them? God willing, I will be in Athens in the fall, if they cannot be obtained within the US.

I'll provide you today with all needed information.

μάρκελλος

Here are two books with hymns of Menaion, Triodion and Pentekostarion in Arabic, composed by Mitri Al-Murr (and partly by his son Fou'ad). Both were published in Beirut in 1972.

Attachments

• Al-Mizm?r al-Rouhi, Arabic.pdf
    68.8 KB · Views: 35

GabrielCremeens

The works of Manasij pop Teodorov are available online.

Great! Could you possibly provide a link?

EDIT: Apologies - I just remembered this link: http://analogion.com/SlavonicBooks.html

Here are two books with hymns of Menaion, Triodion and Pentekostarion in Arabic, composed by Mitri Al-Murr (and partly by his son Fou'ad). Both were published in Beirut in 1972.

Thanks; this is really helpful. Do you know where I could find either a hard copy or a pdf of these?

In Christ,
Gabriel

Last edited: