Books in Arabic by Mitri el-Murr

basil

Παλαιό Μέλος
I have attached to this post complete scans of two books containing Byzantine music compositions in Arabic by the late Mitri el-Murr (1880-1969), Protopsaltis of the See of Antioch. The first is Mitri el-Murr's initial publication el-Qithara el-Rouhiyyat (Beirut, 1955), which contains music for the Divine Liturgy. The second is el-Qiyamiyyat [the Anastasimatarion], which was published after his death by his son Fouad in 1970, and which also contains Mitri el-Murr's elaborate doxologies. Many of the compositions in these books are in widespread use today throughout the Middle East.

Attachments

• Mitri el-Murr - Divine Liturgy.pdf
    17.3 MB · Views: 413
  • Mitri el-Murr - Anastasimatarion.pdf
    13.7 MB · Views: 386

dimskrekas

Δημήτρης Σκρέκας
I have attached to this post complete scans of two books containing Byzantine music compositions in Arabic by the late Mitri el-Murr (1880-1969), Protopsaltis of the See of Antioch. The first is Mitri el-Murr's initial publication el-Qithara el-Rouhiyyat (Beirut, 1955), which contains music for the Divine Liturgy. The second is el-Qiyamiyyat [the Anastasimatarion], which was published after his death by his son Fouad in 1970, and which also contains Mitri el-Murr's elaborate doxologies. Many of the compositions in these books are in widespread use today throughout the Middle East.

Are there any more books by Mitri el Murr available as pdfs?

Thank you,

D.

μάρκελλος

Μάρκελλος Πιράρ, Γενικός συντονιστής
As far as I known, only the two abovementionned books are available as pdfs. Some other books have been published, like Al-Mizmâr al-RûHî (= The Spiritual Psalter), Part 1. The Festal Menaion (409 p.), and Part. 2, Triodion and Pentekostarion (104 p.). Both have been published by his son the late Fu'âd in 1972. I do have them but not as pdfs ...

marinescu

Do you guys have an arabic anastasimatarion but with english letters? reading arabic in arabic characters for psaltic notation just seems off

RayanCh

Νέο μέλος

Attachments

• الكنوز المسيقية البيزنطية.pdf
    5.4 MB · Views: 103
  • الأسبوع العظيم المقدس.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 101
  • كتاب المزمار الروحي ٣.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 132
  • كتاب المزمار الروحي ٢.pdf
    9.1 MB · Views: 111
  • كتاب المزمار الروحي ١.pdf