Byzantine music in Skopje

kumbar

Νέο μέλος
Dear!
I would like to inform you that from 13-17 May 2013, professor Igor Zirojevic held master class for byzantine chant in Skopje. For sure we might consider this event as an historic from meny reasons, but primarily because of the fact that official connection was established and the doors are opened for further cooperation. In fact, this was seconed apearence of k. Zirojevic in Skopje after his previous lecture about the byzantine chant on EuroBalkan University. We strongly bealive and hope that we'll have k. Zirojevic in Skopje soon again and along with him other authorities from Greece such as k. Angelopoulos, k. Arvanitis and others for whose meeting we long. In the few rows let me try to sketch some of the highlights of the master class.
The master class was organized by the Youth Cultural Centar in Skopje and was financed by the administration of the city. The event cause great attention among the academic and cultural public. There were more than 30 active participants in the master class. On the firts day k. Zirojevic held lecture about Simon Karas and his method - terms, principles and usage. By this lecture of k. Zirojevic, once again we had chance to ensure and assure that the method of Simon Karas is one of the best ways to re-establish the lost connection between the oral and the written tradition, knowing the circumstances regarding the status of the byzantine chant in our country. In the evening, k. Zirojevic and I, introduce to the public his book Anthology of the Divine Liturgy Ib. On the seconed day he had workshop on the practical usage of Simon Karas method and another promotion, this time of the CD Christ in the city of Bethlehem of the Serbian byzantine choir of k. Zirojevic. Promotor of the CD was Risto Soluncev from the Philosophy faculty in Skopje. On that day k. Zirojevic was also guest of Branka Kostic Markovic in she’s television show about classical music on Telma national television. Ms. Kostic, who also teaches at the Faculty of music, in the name of the academic public expressed hope that the cooperaion on professional level will grow in futhure. The third day k. Zirojevic held inspirative lecture about the historical development of the notation and in the evening once again we had workshop on the practical usage of Karas method. On the forth day also had workshop and in the evening small concert of the participants in the master class.
This was great experience for all of us and once again I use this opportunity in the name of the organizer, the participants and the public to express great thanks to k. Zirojevic for all his effort and attention.

Sincerely,
Dimitri Kumbaroski

Π. Δαβίδ

Γενικός συντονιστής
This is a very remarkable event indeed. I wish every success to both the organizers and the participants. I also pray for the restoration and the progress of byzantine chant in this neighbouring country of ours, given the number of my contacts therein. :)
You should note, however, dragi Dimitrije, that the methods of the late Simon Karas are not unanimously accepted and his theory is not the standard psaltic theory. This subject has been discussed both in the Greek and in the English section of the forum.

kumbar

Νέο μέλος
Dear Panagiotis!
Thank you for your post. Indeed remarkable event. On purpose I note on official academic level, because we all have private contacts with psaltes from Greece and we all here have contact with you  whish is wonderful. I very much like when you talk about your slavic friends as nephews . It is very nobel. Thank you.
Regarding the Karas method, yes I’m quite familiers with the despute, but our case (mean the status of the byzantine chant in our country, which you are very familier with) is one evidence more, that Karas did phenomenal and ingenious work, especially regarding the question of musical expresson.
Best regards and hope to see you very soon in Struga or Skopje.

Dimitri

domesticus

Lupus non curat numerum ovium
..., that Karas did phenomenal and ingenious work, especially regarding the question of musical expresson.
Best regards and hope to see you very soon in Struga or Skopje.

Dimitri

Phenomenal yes, but also under question in many matters today. Keep that in your mind in order to do well in chanting.

Best wishes

greek487

Tasos N.
Dear!
I would like to inform you that from 13-17 May 2013, professor Igor Zirojevic held master class for byzantine chant in Skopje. For sure we might consider this event as an historic from meny reasons, but primarily because of the fact that official connection was established and the doors are opened for further cooperation. In fact, this was seconed apearence of k. Zirojevic in Skopje after his previous lecture about the byzantine chant on EuroBalkan University. We strongly bealive and hope that we'll have k. Zirojevic in Skopje soon again and along with him other authorities from Greece such as k. Angelopoulos, k. Arvanitis and others for whose meeting we long. In the few rows let me try to sketch some of the highlights of the master class.
The master class was organized by the Youth Cultural Centar in Skopje and was financed by the administration of the city. The event cause great attention among the academic and cultural public. There were more than 30 active participants in the master class. On the firts day k. Zirojevic held lecture about Simon Karas and his method - terms, principles and usage. By this lecture of k. Zirojevic, once again we had chance to ensure and assure that the method of Simon Karas is one of the best ways to re-establish the lost connection between the oral and the written tradition, knowing the circumstances regarding the status of the byzantine chant in our country. In the evening, k. Zirojevic and I, introduce to the public his book Anthology of the Divine Liturgy Ib. On the seconed day he had workshop on the practical usage of Simon Karas method and another promotion, this time of the CD Christ in the city of Bethlehem of the Serbian byzantine choir of k. Zirojevic. Promotor of the CD was Risto Soluncev from the Philosophy faculty in Skopje. On that day k. Zirojevic was also guest of Branka Kostic Markovic in she’s television show about classical music on Telma national television. Ms. Kostic, who also teaches at the Faculty of music, in the name of the academic public expressed hope that the cooperaion on professional level will grow in futhure. The third day k. Zirojevic held inspirative lecture about the historical development of the notation and in the evening once again we had workshop on the practical usage of Karas method. On the forth day also had workshop and in the evening small concert of the participants in the master class.
This was great experience for all of us and once again I use this opportunity in the name of the organizer, the participants and the public to express great thanks to k. Zirojevic for all his effort and attention.

Sincerely,
Dimitri Kumbaroski

"Historic", "phenomenal", and exciting I would add! You are in good hands with professor Igor Zirojevic and his distinguished colleagues! Looking forward to seeing the results of efforts! Byzantine chant, as I'm sure you already know, takes much time and much effort, but I'm sure the results will be inspiring!

Thank God for people with your enthusiasm and love for byzantine chant! And thank you for sharing your experiences with us!

From distant lands, sincerely,
Tasos