Aggregate site for scores

herron.samuel

Ieropsaltis
Would anybody have interest in an aggregate site for all the byzantine music scores in English posted here? I've noticed a few get buried over time and it might be helpful for a site with all these scores in one place. Would anyone have any interest in that? Timgabe, I know you have your own already, but I wouldn't mind being able to have access to the many other scores of good quality being posted here rather regularly.

Panagiotis G.

Μέλος
Perhaps we can mimic the Greek side of Psaltologion, which has organized a section for Octoechos, Menaia, Triodion, and Penetecostarion scores under "Μουσικά Κείμενα" (Music Scores). You would have the option of either posting the actual pdf or simply listing a specific link to the pdf that's already on Fr. Ephraim's, Gabriel's or Basil's website.

Panagiotis G.

GabrielCremeens

Music Director at St. George, Albuquerque, NM
Perhaps we can mimic the Greek side of Psaltologion, which has organized a section for Octoechos, Menaia, Triodion, and Penetecostarion scores under "Μουσικά Κείμενα" (Music Scores). You would have the option of either posting the actual pdf or simply listing a specific link to the pdf that's already on Fr. Ephraim's, Gabriel's or Basil's website.

Panagiotis G.

I think this is a great idea, especially because this is the part of the Greek section that I use the most often and find the most helpful. And Samuel is definitely right - I often go on a scavenger hunt through 8 pages of "Music Scores" topics trying to find - for instance - Arvanitis' Cherubic Hymns in English.

-Gabriel

herron.samuel

Ieropsaltis
I think this is a great idea, especially because this is the part of the Greek section that I use the most often and find the most helpful. And Samuel is definitely right - I often go on a scavenger hunt through 8 pages of "Music Scores" topics trying to find - for instance - Arvanitis' Cherubic Hymns in English.

-Gabriel

Exactly my problem/concern!

Dimitri

Δημήτρης Κουμπαρούλης, Administrator
Staff member
I agree. I should have created sub-sections long ago but never got enough attention from my part. Apologies for that. I will start making those sub-forums today. Any particular requests let me know via PM.

Then, all existing threads will need to be sorted/moved into the new subforums slowly.