melody for irmos Τὴν ἀνεξιχνίαστον θείαν βουλήν

joel

Νέο μέλος
I have been searching the Irmologion of Ioannis the Protopsaltis for the quick melody for the irmos Τὴν ἀνεξιχνίαστον θείαν βουλήν. Can anyone help me find it? (This is the version I am looking at.)

basil

Παλαιό Μέλος
I have been searching the Irmologion of Ioannis the Protopsaltis for the quick melody for the irmos Τὴν ἀνεξιχνίαστον θείαν βουλήν. Can anyone help me find it?

Unfortunately, the Heirmologion of Ioannis Protopsaltis does not contain the music for this heirmos (nor does the 1825 Heirmologion of Petros Byzantios transcribed by Chourmouzios). In fact, I couldn't find a decent classical setting of this heirmos anywhere I looked (though I found a few modern settings elsewhere on this forum), so I wrote out my own setting. I have attached it to this post.

Attachments

• Thn anehikhniaston theian boulhn.pdf
    47.8 KB · Views: 70

GabrielCremeens

Music Director at St. George, Albuquerque, NM
Unfortunately, the Heirmologion of Ioannis Protopsaltis does not contain the music for this heirmos (nor does the 1825 Heirmologion of Petros Byzantios transcribed by Chourmouzios). In fact, I couldn't find a decent classical setting of this heirmos anywhere I looked (though I found a few modern settings elsewhere on this forum), so I wrote out my own setting. I have attached it to this post.

This is quite a bit after the fact (2+ years?) but I was looking through the Heirmologion of Petros Byzantios today - the one that you refer to, Basil, unless I miss my mark - and this heirmos can actually be found on page 76. (Of the Syntomon Eirmologion, of course.)