Rules are needed in english too

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chretienorthodox

Mr Moderator

Please permit me to sugest you translate into english your rules in greek and post in this subforum.
I have a question did found answer in greek rules:
First: I have to point out that I'm able to read greek but not write.
Second: I have posted a message in english about correct orthography of Moni Vatopedi but did not seen in greek discussions. I suppose you deleted it because of english language.
Third, last but not least, rather the most important:
I know that fr stand for father. Because my Lord Jesus Christ forbit me to call father any one on earth but the Heavenly Father of every people, I can't call any earthy man father. I can call him Gentleman or Mister or Mr or simply mr.
Do you permit it?
I wish you the best.

With regards
Sincerely
George Theodosiou

nikosthe

Νίκος Θεοτοκάτος
I know that fr stand for father. Because my Lord Jesus Christ forbit me to call father any one on earth but the Heavenly Father of every people, I can't call any earthy man father. I can call him Gentleman or Mister or Mr or simply mr.
Do you permit it?
It's the first time I write in the english forum of Psaltologion. I wanted to tell you that we (Greeks) call priests as "fathers" not to consider them equal to our Lord Jesus Christ, but because we respect them. The priests have a different dressing mode and they have to be types of Christ, as apostle Paul said ("you have to follow me as I followed Christ") and Jesus Christ gave them the power to remit the sins (gave the power to the apostles and this has passed to the priests).

I think you have to call the priests as fathers. Even people that don't believe in God call them so in Greece. It's like a habit but it also makes sense.

dimskrekas

Δημήτρης Σκρέκας
It's the first time I write in the english forum of Psaltologion. I wanted to tell you that we (Greeks) call priests as "fathers" not to consider them equal to our Lord Jesus Christ, but because we respect them. The priests have a different dressing mode and they have to be types of Christ, as apostle Paul said ("you have to follow me as I followed Christ") and Jesus Christ gave them the power to remit the sins (gave the power to the apostles and this has passed to the priests).

I think you have to call the priests as fathers. Even people that don't believe in God call them so in Greece. It's like a habit but it also makes sense.

It's not your first time, Nikolae....

http://www.analogion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19220&postcount=2

fr-razzi...

Last edited:

Dimitri

Δημήτρης Κουμπαρούλης, Administrator
Staff member
Indeed, the forum rules will be updated shortly both in Greek and in English. Please do not open new threads about such issues. Send PM or email to me in the future. I am closing this thread for now and will remove it shortly. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.