Karamanis

Kavouras

Νέο μέλος
So did anyone hear that Athanasios Karamanis the chanter passed away last week?

The old boys who came from Greece brought his stuff here back in the 70s and 80s, so we have a few of his books at our parishes up here.

The guy was 94 or something, and from what I hear was a really famous chanter who had quite a lot of students and was from Thessaloniki. He wrote in this exegitical style that kind of removed the guess work implied from classical pieces.That's about all I know from him.

I don't know if anyone was a fan or not, I just thought I'd mention it as no one else has. 94. wow.

May the Lord God rest him.

GabrielCremeens

Music Director at St. George, Albuquerque, NM
So did anyone hear that Athanasios Karamanis the chanter passed away last week?

The old boys who came from Greece brought his stuff here back in the 70s and 80s, so we have a few of his books at our parishes up here.

The guy was 94 or something, and from what I hear was a really famous chanter who had quite a lot of students and was from Thessaloniki. He wrote in this exegitical style that kind of removed the guess work implied from classical pieces.That's about all I know from him.

I don't know if anyone was a fan or not, I just thought I'd mention it as no one else has. 94. wow.

May the Lord God rest him.

He was actually 101 (born in 1911).