EZ Psaltica Macro Issues on Mac?

saltypsalti

Παλαιό Μέλος
Greetings all

I am wondering if anyone has found a work around or solution to the macro issue on OS Snow Leopard that was brought up by kyr Gioannoukakis.

My computer is old (8 years) and I am thinking about having the Metropolis underwrite a new computer --the Macs have the best stability and security, but this issue with EZ is a problem. I have both the BZ and EZ sets. Do both have the same issues?

John Presson

Nikolaos Giannoukakis

Παλαιό Μέλος
I am still trying to conjure miracles......unsuccessfully (!)

As soon as I find someone able to open my eyes, I will let you (and other Mac folks) know.

N.

GabrielCremeens

Music Director at St. George, Albuquerque, NM
Mr. Presson, John Boyer is your teacher, yes?

I believe he may be able to offer some help. If I remember correctly, he has a Mac, and I believe he has Papa Ephraim's EZ fonts on it. (John lives a few doors down from me at the same school, which is how I happen to know this. :) ) Perhaps the kind of Mac he has, the fonts do not provide a problem. Being totally unfamiliar with Macs, I'm not exactly sure what the issue is you are facing. But, perhaps it's worth asking.

kaelthas

Νεκτάριος Ρ.
All byzantine fonts work perfectly on the Mac. Only the macros are not compatible.

Solutions:
a) Work with a Virtual Machine (VMware, Paralles etc)
b) Work in Boot Camp

Personally I type the notes on Paralles, polish the notes with the macro and then complete the document on the Mac.

RichardRBarrett

Μέλος
At least when I asked him about it, John said he uses either Parallels or Boot Camp and does his scores through Windows.

When I try to install the EZ font package, the only font that Font Book actually likes is EZ Omega. When I install the BZ font package, the fonts all install, but some of the macros choke. (This is Word 2011 running on OSX 10.6.7.)

How might some of us who would like to be part of the solution for the Mac crowd do so?

Nikolaos Giannoukakis

Παλαιό Μέλος
I verified that Word 2011 and the macros are incompatible. If you can do without the macros you do not need any Windows emulation bridge.

All in all, Word 2004 is fine but some of you may want the latest and greatest...

NG

saltypsalti

Παλαιό Μέλος
I verified that Word 2011 and the macros are incompatible. If you can do without the macros you do not need any Windows emulation bridge.

All in all, Word 2004 is fine but some of you may want the latest and greatest...

NG

My company upgraded our MS Word to 2007 last year. It's horrible!!! I can't find anything! Will try to stick with 2004!

JPP

souldatos

Στέφανος Σουλδάτος
I have extensively tried to make the BZ macros work on a MAC in the past. Unfortunately, character codes are different on Office for MAC and I could not find any way to have them operational.

tbullock

I know this thread is old, but I created a new keyboard layout for Mac users here:

https://github.com/t-bullock/ez-psaltica-keyboard

I think this should assign the correct character codes to the correct keys to match the EZ keyboard shortcuts. Once I installed this and switched to this keyboard, I was able to type using the EZ fonts in Pages and TextEdit. I assume it works in other word processors as well.

Is there someone out there who has MS Office on Mac that wants to give the macros another try with this keyboard input enabled/selected?