Φως Ιλαρον in Grave Mode

GabrielCremeens

Music Director at St. George, Albuquerque, NM
Hello all,

I'm trying to find music for a particular piece that I heard a little while ago. I'm interested in finding it relatively soon; however, once I get back to school, I could probably just ask some of the chanters there, since I first heard it at the seminary. However, perhaps someone can help in the meantime.

We had a Vigil here at the school for St. John Chrysostom, and, at Vespers, a "Fos Ilaron" ("O Joyous Light") composition in Grave Mode (enharmonic from Ga) was chanted.

I've attached a recording. Does anyone know the composer, or where I can find a score?

In Christ,
G

Attachments

• 09 Fos Ilaron.wma
    2.5 MB · Views: 70

GabrielCremeens

I've managed to locate, with the help of some folks here at the school, a score for the arrangement of Fos Ilaron that I mentioned. However, upon locating it, I found that it was written extremely analytically. Personally, I'm not a big fan of analytic scores, so I re-wrote it in a somewhat more classical style.

The score is attached to this message.

In Christ,
G

Attachments

• Fos Ilaron Varys.pdf
    141.7 KB · Views: 81

Panagiotis G.

Μέλος
Hi Gabe,

Thanks for typing this up. Could you let us know where you found the original and who the composer is? Thanks!

Panagiotis

neoklis

Νεοκλής Λευκόπουλος, Γενικός Συντονιστής
If you could upload the original as well, that would be very welcome.

GabrielCremeens

Will try to upload the original score soon. Until then, my friend Andoni has told me that the original score is found in the Epiloges book of Paikopoulos.

I've also attached two corrected scores: one that fixes some problems, and one that includes the ison of the original score. I may upload a score with a more "conservative" ison as well.
:)

Attachments

• Fos Ilaron Varys.pdf
    141 KB · Views: 34
  • fos ilaron varys with ison.pdf
    142.4 KB · Views: 52