Bibliography of non-Greek scholarly works on Byzantine Chant

Dimitri

Δημήτρης Κουμπαρούλης, Administrator
Staff member
Hi all, does there exist a compiled bibliography of all non-Greek scholarly works (in any language) referring to Byzantine Chant? Some references and materials have been published already on Psaltologion but is there a complete list somewhere? Thanks in advance.

μάρκελλος

Μάρκελλος Πιράρ, Γενικός συντονιστής
Hi all, does there exist a compiled bibliography of all non-Greek scholarly works (in any language) referring to Byzantine Chant? Some references and materials have been published already on Psaltologion but is there a complete list somewhere? Thanks in advance.

As far as I know, several books and periodicals contain bibliographies (all incomplete), but I never came upon any exhaustive list. Many years ago, I have started such a list, but :eek:

μάρκελλος

Μάρκελλος Πιράρ, Γενικός συντονιστής
Maybe we can complete it now (gradually) with the help of other Psaltologion members. We can start with a draft list and keep adding to it.

Having an open list that can be regularly enriched is indeed the best way. From the time being, my draft list is old and not yet computerized; I have here at home or at the university most of the sources I need for enhancing it. I hope to be able to send the first draft list in September.

I 've been searching a lot on that myself during the last years, but would you have something even incomplete to post here, mr. Markellos?
I am sure several of us could contribute - though probably on a slow pace.