Cherubic Hymns in Romanian

frephraim

Παλαιό Μέλος
In my attempt to codify papadic formulae, I would like to include formulae from genuine Romanian cherubic hymns. What I mean by "genuine" is not Romanian adaptations of a Greek cherubic hymn (which was done quite frequently in the 19th century) but a cherubic hymn that was composed specifically for the Romanian text. All I have are several by Anton Pann, but I'm sure there must be several others that were published, considering how strong Byzantine chant was in the 19th century in Romania. By the way, I'm not interested in 20th-century compositions, though, because I have already seen several, and evidently the quality of compositions declined in 20th-century Romania (as it did in Greece).

Does anyone have any they could share with me?
Thank you.

filotheu

Νέο μέλος
Dear father,

I attach you here some pages from a book edited 6 years ago, Antologhion Paisian. Tom 1. Triodul.

The book is based on the musical manuscripts of Neamţ and the others in the area, under it's spiritual direction.

You can find Cherouvika & Koinonika composed in Neamţ Monastery in the second half of 18th century and first half of the 19th century. Most of them were composed in Greek language and then translated. But some of them were composed directly in Roumanian language. In these two files attached you can find the Cherouvika for the Pre-sanctified Gifts Liturgy and the Cherouvikon for the Great Saturday, composed directly into Roumanian. The others are translations.

Attachments

• Pages 623-627 from Paisian Triodion, 2005.pdf
    95.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Pages 712-773 from Paisian Triodion, 2005.pdf
    417 KB · Views: 83