Analogion bannerPowered by
analogion.com
Psaltologion (Ψαλτολόγιον)

Επιστροφή   Psaltologion (Ψαλτολόγιον) > Discussions in English > About the forum > Members' Welcome

Απάντηση στο θέμα

Εργαλεία Θεμάτων Τρόποι εμφάνισης
Παλιά 27-06-08, 06:16
Το avatar του χρήστη Dimitri
Δημήτρης Κουμπαρούλης
Administrator

Περιοχή: Sydney, Australia
Thanked 37.255 Times in 5.065 Posts
Προεπιλογή

Welcome to Psaltologion John! So you are chanting everything in English in your church? Which scores do you use? Is there interest by young people in your parish to learn Byzantine Chant? Start a new topic about Byzantine Music in Portland if you wish. I am sure people will be interested in the work happening there.
Παλιά 28-06-08, 15:14
Το avatar του χρήστη saltypsalti
Παλαιό Μέλος

Προεπιλογή Introduction

Παράθεση:
Αρχικό μήνυμα απο Dimitri Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
Welcome to Psaltologion John! So you are chanting everything in English in your church? Which scores do you use? Is there interest by young people in your parish to learn Byzantine Chant? Start a new topic about Byzantine Music in Portland if you wish. I am sure people will be interested in the work happening there.
Hi Dimitri --Briefly, I type a lot of my own scores, Papaephraim and my teacher, JMB out these days, using the old Pandektes, Petros Byz Hiermologion, the Zoe Anastasamartarion, the Progakis Books, and the Stephanos Beehive as models. I chant a smattering of things in Greek (I am sure with an accent), however our proestamenos is adamant that the lingua franca of our parish is English.

I am on my way out the door to play a round of golf, and then Church tonight --so I will type out more about Triantafillopolis and Holy Nativity of the Theotokos Cathedral Parish, probably tomorrow. --ah, the psalti's life.

JPP
"the optimist -a person who travels from nothing to happiness" -Mark Twain (paraphrase)
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 17-07-08, 09:59
chretienorthodox

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση:
Αρχικό μήνυμα απο ρόδι Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
I thought a thread to introduce ourselves would be a good idea. Let me start.

I am Kiriaki. My background is musicology and performance. I am university trained in western music but have a love and appreciation for Byzantine chant (and other non western musics). I am wife to Dimitri (the administrator) and will be moderating the English section of the forums alongside him.

I invite you all to post in this thread with a brief introduction!
Mme Kyriaki

Please permitt me to introduce myself. I am George Theodosiou. My background is a long story. I have a love and appreciation for Byzantine music too. I'm greek citizen and of greek nationality living homeless - for the time being - in Nancy, France. My knowledge in english is very poor - while in modern greek very rich - and use http://www.in.gr/dictionary to read and wright in english or american english. I can help in theoretical acoustics only. I wish to you, the best.

Friendly
George Theodosiou
www.geocities.com/chretienorthodox
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 18-07-08, 04:13
Το avatar του χρήστη Dimitri
Δημήτρης Κουμπαρούλης
Administrator

Περιοχή: Sydney, Australia
Thanked 37.255 Times in 5.065 Posts
Προεπιλογή

Welcome George to the forum.
Παλιά 18-07-08, 09:14
chretienorthodox

Προεπιλογή

Mr Dimitri

Please accept my many thanks for you wellcome me.
I wish you the best.

With regards
Sincerely
George Theodosiou
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Το πιό κάτω μέλος είπε "Ευχαριστώ !" για αυτή τη δημοσίευση:
ggenovez (30-09-11)
Παλιά 14-05-12, 23:36
Νέο μέλος

Προεπιλογή

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Joel. I am a new chanter at a small parish in Nebraska. I do not know a great lot about Byzantine music, but I am trying to learn. Unfortunately, I do not have any teacher at the moment, so I must learn what I can by myself. I am looking forward to participating in this forum and learning what I can from all of you.
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Το πιό κάτω μέλος είπε "Ευχαριστώ joel!" για αυτή τη δημοσίευση:
π. Μάξιμος (15-05-12)
Απάντηση στο θέμα

Εργαλεία Θεμάτων
Τρόποι εμφάνισης

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές