Apostolos Combitsis

apostolos

Απόστολος Κομπίτσης
As you may have seen on my Facebook page (if you are on Facebook), my first album of Lenten hymns has finally been released. It is available on iTunes (just enter my last name in the search area), CDBaby, AmazonMP3 and Google Play (on your Android phone). This "download-only" album is a collection of selected hymns from the Greek Orthodox hymnology of Holy and Great Lent. In all of these outlets you can hear 30-second samples of the tracks.

I am donating some of the proceeds of all downloads; specifically, 10% of sales will go to each of the following at the present time: my home parish of St. Barbara Greek Orthodox Church in Toms River, NJ; the Holy Protection Monastery ("Agia Skepi") in White Haven, PA; the chapel of Sts. Rafael, Nicholas and Irene in Bethlehem, PA; and to Fr. Rafael Melendez for the Hispanic Greek Orthodox mission church (presently being formed).

This solo CD project is a first attempt for me. For years people have been asking me if I have my own CDs or recordings of hymns from our church, and with the exception of some live recordings that I or others have made, my answer has always been, "Not yet." Well, "yet" is now here! Please understand that, as a first attempt, the recordings are not professionally done (I recorded them in my church with a high-quality digital recorder). There has been no post-production work done in any studio to "enhance" them or modify them in any way. All I did was add the "ison" (drone), as is traditional in Byzantine chant. It is my aim that future CD projects have a more realistic-sounding ison and perhaps a better quality of sound. For now, however, I pray that this collection of hymns will help guide your heart and soul on this journey we call Holy and Great Lent, a journey that prepares us all for the Passion and Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Please feel free to forward this message to your friends, family and other mailing lists. If you are a priest or hierarch, please share this information with your parish, metropolis or diocese.

Thank you for your support and may God bless you always!

Apostolos Combitsis

Last edited:

EIRYK EMNOSHELE

Qu'est-ce que je ferais sans toi?
That's great news! I wish you every success in this endeavour.
P.S. As you may known, your CD on Google Play, isn't available yet, here in Greece. When I clicked on your link I got a message that says: "Λυπούμαστε! Η μουσική στο Google Play δεν είναι προς το παρόν διαθέσιμη στη χώρα σας.
Εργαζόμαστε σκληρά για να καταστήσουμε διαθέσιμο το περιεχόμενο που σας αρέσει σε περισσότερες χώρες, όσο το δυνατόν πιο γρήγορα.
Επιστρέψτε εδώ σύντομα.
"
The rest of your links have been checked as well and I didn't encounter any problem so far

Many congrats to you Apostolos
God be with you

apostolos

Απόστολος Κομπίτσης
Eiryk, thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement! And of course, thank you for your information. I was actually NOT aware that the album was not available on Google Play outside of the U.S.A. I was told I'm supposed to have international selling rights, so perhaps Google just didn't get around to it.

Many thanks again! God bless you!

Apostolos

Nikolaos Giannoukakis

Παλαιό Μέλος
Apostolos, other than a dear friend of mine, is one of America's very few talented Protopsaltai who is faithful to tradition. He has a lot to offer those who take the time to get to know him and communicate with him.

It was with great humility that he made the very difficult decision to finally push out this CD.

NG

saltypsalti

Παλαιό Μέλος
Apostolos, other than a dear friend of mine, is one of America's very few talented Protopsaltai who is faithful to tradition. He has a lot to offer those who take the time to get to know him and communicate with him.

It was with great humility that he made the very difficult decision to finally push out this CD.

NG

I know well who he is, problem being I have never heard him chant. To my delight, the problem is solved.

There can never be enough Byzantine chant on my iPod.

JPP

nektar

νεοαρχάριος
Transfiguration of Christ Greek Orthodox Church
Corona, NY

Ζ Ω Ν Τ Α Ν Η Μ Ε Τ Α Δ Ο Σ Η !
ΚΥΡΙΑΚΗ ΤΗΣ ΑΠΟΚΡΕΩ
Ι. Ν. Μεταμορφώσεως του Σωτήρος, Corona, NY. Παρακολουθήστε την πλήρη ζωντανή μετάδοση στο YouTube κανάλι της ενορίας