Forum back after hacker attack

Dimitri

Δημήτρης Κουμπαρούλης, Administrator
Staff member
Hi all, as you probably have already seen, the forum was down for about a week due to a hacker attack which maliciously modified code of the site's pages to direct the unaware visitor to a website which contained malware.

All pages have now been restored to healthy versions from backup and steps have been taken to prevent such damage in the future.

I would like to kindly ask you all:

- that you report to me any alerts from your antivirus related to the site as soon as you see them.

- that you check all attachments you upload for viruses before you upload them.

- that you keep local copies of as much material from Psaltologion as possible just in case, in addition to the backups I routinely keep.

- if you visited the site between 1 and 4th of May 2009, you may want to check your computer for unwanted malware.

Thank you.

George

Ιεροψάλτης
Anyone got this virus in his pc and lost folders or/and files dont worry, all your files are inside in your HDD.
Just run your pc in safe mode and run chkdsk, chkdsk gonna find all your lost files.
All those files are invisible because of one bug on NTFS code, this virus use this code to make invisible all your files, after that if nobody understand what happens you make format so you lose all your work, this is what this virus wanna do with you.
So don't delete anything, don't format your hdd and just run chkdsk in safe mode, save your work where u want and at the last is better to format your hdd.
This virus create many files with .exe extensions in all your hdd, so you can't delete everything.

Good luck

Dimitri

Δημήτρης Κουμπαρούλης, Administrator
Staff member
Forum registrations are now open again.