Simple God

aprilka

Παλαιό Μέλος
Can someone explain, what is simple in our God

I am the Trinity, simple and undivided, divided Personally, and I am the Unity, united in nature, says the Father, the Son, and the Divine Spirit.

To the Holy Trinity:
Thee, O Trinity, we glorify, the one God: Holy, Holy, Holy art Thou, Father, Son and Spirit, simple Being, Unity ever adored.

O Trinity simple and undivided, of one essence and one nature, Lights and Light, three Holies and one Holy, God the Trinity is hymned. But sing, my soul, and glorify the Life and Lives, the God of all.

parianos

Νίκος Γαβαλάς

I am the Trinity, simple and undivided, divided Personally, and I am the Unity, united in nature, says the Father, the Son, and the Divine Spirit.

To the Holy Trinity:
Thee, O Trinity, we glorify, the one God: Holy, Holy, Holy art Thou, Father, Son and Spirit, simple Being, Unity ever adored.

O Trinity simple and undivided, of one essence and one nature, Lights and Light, three Holies and one Holy, God the Trinity is hymned. But sing, my soul, and glorify the Life and Lives, the God of all.

Are you perhaps using a poor translation of the Kanon of St. Andrew. In ode 4 the Greek word is Ασύγχυτον, which the English "simple" is a quite drastically oversimplified translation!

Last edited:

To the Holy Trinity:

Simple means uncompounded (not composed of parts).

Last edited:
Are you perhaps using a poor translation of the Kanon of St. Andrew. In ode 4 the Greek word is Ασύγχυτον, which the English "simple" is a quite drastically oversimplified translation!

Simple, undivided, One in essence (nature)
Distinct, unconfused, Three in persons (hypostases).

saltypsalti

Παλαιό Μέλος

To the Holy Trinity:

Sing God a simple song, lauda laude
Make it up as you go along, lauda laude
Sing like you like to sing, God loves all simple things.
For God is the simplest of all, For God is the simplest of all

???

jpp