Ison Machine?

saltypsalti

Παλαιό Μέλος
Does anyone know what is out on the market as far as ison machines go, and how one would acquire one? We have a frustrating lack of interest and no one to hold audible ison.

John

Andreas Z

Νέο μέλος
You can get the ison machine from Noum Bros in Greece.

My family friend recently returned and brought two with him. They aren't cheap >1000 euros each.

If you are interested message me I have their contact details in Greece

neophokaeus

Μέλος
Why do you want to buy an isocratema when Orthodox Church doesnt alloud any kind of instruments in worship. Try to bring young people or children around you and teach them to sustain the ison when chanting like in the Patriarchal Cathedral in Constantinople, this is the tradition of our Holy Church. At home you can use a synthetiser for your rehearsal, so you can save 1000 euros and perhaps if you love humankind give this money to the poor for the glory of God. Fr. Amphilochios.

IOANNIS AFBEMSA

Ψάλτης
Hi All.

The idea of an ison machine sounds good but truly defeats the purpose of chant and chant being only voice.

I have heard an isokrati being used in a number of churches and it just doesn't sound right. It doesn't even look right.

More importantly, in order for a church to use an ison machine, i am pretty certain that they need to seek permission from the local hierarch.

Nikolaos Giannoukakis

Παλαιό Μέλος
Any playback of an electronic reproduction of the human voice has no place in a church setting. The Canons notwithstanding, any synthesiser or ison machine is too obvious and too distracting. It is also highly unnatural.

If you cannot get together 2-3 people to assist as isokrates, then just perform the chanting with your voice alone, or chant together in unison. Unison is just as, if not more beautiful, than badly placed and executed ison (human or machine).

After all, chant in the early Christian church was ekphonetic without ison.

NG.

PanagiotisK

ως άνωθεν^
What is more, some chanters have ison mashines without knowing how to use it.

It sounds rather disturbing than nice.

I prefer: Chant with (light) human ison > Chant without ison > Chant with ison mashine

Old time chanters didn't need ison to sound nice - even amazing... Lets try and be more like them!

Thank you.
ΠΚ

giannis triant

Γιάννης Τριανταφυλλόπουλος
What is more, some chanters have ison mashines without knowing how to use it.

It sounds rather disturbing than nice.

I prefer: Chant with (light) human ison > Chant without ison > Chant with ison mashine

Old time chanters didn't need ison to sound nice - even amazing... Lets try and be more like them!

Thank you.
ΠΚ

ena programa polli kalo alla gia xp http://www.byzanmusic.com/iso/isokraten.html