Vespers Music using the Orthodox Study Bible Translation

GabrielCremeens

Music Director at St. George, Albuquerque, NM
Good evening everyone,

As a project for Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology, I was recently asked to compose music for the "O Lord, I have Cried," the subsequent Stichologia (Psalm Verses), and the Prokeimena for each day of the week, using the translation found in the Orthodox Study Bible.

Those scores have been completed, and I am gradually uploading them on my website. The scores (those that have been typed thus far) can be found here.

Those of you who have linguistic constraints placed upon you by your parish may find these settings helpful.

In Christ,
Gabriel

GabrielCremeens

Thanks to the tireless efforts of Trevor Bullock, all but one of the settings of the Stichology of Vespers have been typed up using his beautiful reconstruction of the "Ephesios" font, and can now be found on the Vespers page of my website. These include both the "normal" settings of the Stichology in the standard modes (as found in the classical Anastasimataria) and alternate settings in the variant forms of each mode (such as 2nd mode hard chromatic from Pa, Plagal 1st heirmologic from Ke, etc).

The only remaining setting to be typed up is in Pl. 2nd soft chromatic.

God willing, the next pieces to become available will be the slow (sticheraric) settings of "O Lord, I have Cried."

-Gabriel

Last edited:

parianos

Νίκος Γαβαλάς
Good evening everyone,

As a project for Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology, I was recently asked to compose music for the "O Lord, I have Cried," the subsequent Stichologia (Psalm Verses), and the Prokeimena for each day of the week, using the translation found in the Orthodox Study Bible.

Those scores have been completed, and I am gradually uploading them on my website. The scores (those that have been typed thus far) can be found here.

Those of you who have linguistic constraints placed upon you by your parish may find these settings helpful.

In Christ,
Gabriel

"Check the verse-With men who work lawlessness and check the μαρτυρια.

GabrielCremeens

Because these settings I have composed utilize the St. Athanasius Academy translation of the Psalms (i.e. the translation found in the Orthodox Study Bible), Fr. Seraphim Dedes of AGES Initiatives has kindly included my compositions on his Digital Chant Stand website. They should be available under any Vespers service for which the service falls after today's date. Thus, one can access the scores directly from my website, or from the AGES website.

http://www.agesinitiatives.com/dcs/public/dcs/dcs.html