Ground Blessing Service for The St. Nicholas National Shrine at the World Trade Center .

romanos4

Παλαιό Μέλος
If I'm not mistaken - the Archdiocesan Choir is chanting the adaptation of Chormouzios Doxology by Mr. Cremeens while the donors are placing the white bricks. Congratulations again Mr. Cremeens on your composition - I am hopeful, now that all of our Metropolitans have heard it, they may wish to see it represented more in our parishes (one can dream, right?).

If there's anything to be critical about, it's that it did not get its own due as it's such a majestic piece, but was used as background for the announcement of the donors names.

All in all it is pleasing that high quality chanting will be associated with the Blessing of the reconstructed St. Nicholas.

I'm not thrilled about persons of other faiths reading religious texts at what are clearly Orthodox Services - certainly the shrine is intended to be "used by all people, believers and non-believers" - and if this was the phrasing required to get the Church rebuilt, then I suppose it's better than no Church.

Phoenix rising from the ashes and references to mythology were heard far too often, but I suppose that's what our politicians know.

R.