[Ψάχνω] Recordings of Papa E's Vespers in English

Loukas12

Reader Luke
I'm looking for as many recordings as I can find of the hymns from Papa E's compositions for Vespers. There are only a couple chanted recordings on the St. Anthony's website. I can barely find any other recordings around the internet.

I have downloaded the MIDI files and converted them to MP3s so I can listen on my iPhone. However it's a little hard to distinguish various notes & flutters as it tends to blend the notes together too much to be able to hear what each note sounds like, especially on faster hymns.

I would like to eventually make my own recordings, but I'm not efficient enough at reading the notation to make a good, solid, record-able effort of it.

I will take any recordings I can get. Even things that my parish probably won't ever get to use, like the Anoixandaria would be acceptable, as it's just enjoyable to chant, even on my own!

Nikolaos Giannoukakis

Παλαιό Μέλος
Dear Loukas12:

Christ is Risen!

Father Vasile Catalin Tudora should have recordings. You can reach out to him.

Concerning conversion of voice to MIDI-based notes on some software synthesizer, this is associated with many problems.

First, there is the imprecision of all existing algorithms to convert voice to MIDI. Second, the Audio to Digital converter, unless there is some interface that can interpret microtones and convert those to the softsynth that can produce microtones, you won't get the proper tonal intervals.

Without those tonal intervals, the exercise is no better than playing on a piano.

NG

Loukas12

Reader Luke
Dear Loukas12:

Christ is Risen!

Father Vasile Catalin Tudora should have recordings. You can reach out to him.

Concerning conversion of voice to MIDI-based notes on some software synthesizer, this is associated with many problems.

First, there is the imprecision of all existing algorithms to convert voice to MIDI. Second, the Audio to Digital converter, unless there is some interface that can interpret microtones and convert those to the softsynth that can produce microtones, you won't get the proper tonal intervals.

Without those tonal intervals, the exercise is no better than playing on a piano.

NG

Thank you, I want to also mention that the reason I need recordings, is that I like to listen while I'm at work, as sort of a form of memorization and practice. I can't sit and chant at my desk, or read the notation while working, so the next best thing is to listen to the material repeatedly.

My free time during the week is fairly limited, so it helps to be able to listen. Thank you again!