Lesson 25 - Jan. 22 Aposticha Idiomelon for Apostle Timothy

Anthony

Νέο μέλος
Father, bless! Thank you for all your work in composing and reviewing others' compositions, and for the Divine Music Project in general, which has been an invaluable resource for me for years.

I'm new to this, and very open to all forms of criticism, including (or especially) of the general ethos of my selection of formulae. I'm not sure that I have the needed experience and "phronema" to compose even simple melodies authentically in the tradition, so it would be great to know right from the start whether this is a good investment of time for me, or whether I need to gain more experience before beginning composition.

Please note with the attached piece that I noticed that a phrase in the Greek original was apparently not translated into the HTM menaion, so I took the liberty of pasting in this phrase as it is translated in the Menaion from St. John of Kronstadt Press. I can see how that might be a big copyright no-no in terms of actually being used in the Divine Music Project, but for the sake of a test composition, I hope it can be temporarily overlooked, and since it's towards the end of the hymn, most of the composition would stay the same even if this phrase is removed. In the file the phrase is in parentheses and the Greek text that it translates is at the end of the hymn (so that perhaps a Greek speaker can verify that the English is in fact a translation of that phrase), though not knowing Greek I'm not even sure I grouped the letters correctly into words.

Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• 0122ApId-p1.jpg
    0122ApId-p1.jpg
    996.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 0122ApId-p2.jpg
    0122ApId-p2.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 14

Anthony

Νέο μέλος
Sorry, I already see two orthographical mistakes I made. I believe it should be a psefiston instead of a petaste on the first word ("Come") and on the first "Rejoice".