[Ψάχνω] Recordings of Stanitsas in the USA

Amanedes8

Members and Visitors,

I am looking for any recordings of Stanitsas when he came to the USA in 1967. I've heard that he visited Chicago and NYC. If anyone has the recordings of the services he chanted (mp3 or cassette tape) please contact me. I am working on a project to archive and preserve these recordings!

thanks,

yianni

Last edited:

neoklis

Νεοκλής Λευκόπουλος, Γενικός Συντονιστής
Members and Visitors,

I am looking for any recordings of Stanitsas when he came to the USA in 1967. I've heard that he visited Chicago and NYC. If anyone has the recordings of the services he chanted (mp3 or cassette tape) please contact me. I am working on a project to archive and preserve these recordings!

thanks,

yianni

You have posted several of these recordings here and here. Are you looking for different ones?

Amanedes8

I am looking for different ones besides the series of 9 tapes that the Archdiocese published (of course, I only had 8 out of 9 of those too! If anyone has the last one I would like that also); The series of the Archdiocese also had a lot of recordings from Greece. The recordings that I posted were only a few days of the entire time that Stanitsas was in America. I think that it is likely that he was chanting on sundays and during the triodion....These are the recordings that I am looking for.:)

Last edited:

Amanedes8

Does anyone know the churches or places that Stanitsas visited while he was in America? I think this would be a good start in searching for any recordings/videos that might exist.

rum

Αλ. Προκοπίου
Does anyone know the churches or places that Stanitsas visited while he was in America? I think this would be a good start in searching for any recordings/videos that might exist.

I think I recall reading somewhere that he had visited Astoria, NYC. I am sorry to say though that I don't have a definitive list.

apostolos

Απόστολος Κομπίτσης
I do know that he visited parishes in New York City (Astoria was mentioned, but also the Archdiocesan Cathedral of the Holy Trinity), as well as Stamford CT, Philadelphia, Washington DC and Chicago. Other than this list, I don't know if he went, for example, on a day trip somewhere with whoever was hosting him.

Some recordings do exist from a couple of Liturgies, as well as a vintage recording of a Presanctified Liturgy officiated by Archbishop Iakovos.

Apostolos