Prosomia Recordings

orthopsaltis

Νέο μέλος
I am looking to learn the prosomia and there are so many variations in the way they are preformed in recordings that I am almost overwhelmed. I assume that I should attempt to learn them according to the Eirmologion of Ioannis protopsaltis. Is that a safe assumption?

Does anyone know of any cds/recordings of prosomia that correspond to the Ioannis Protopsaltis Eirmologion? I have the music and I know it is also online but the recordings would allow me to listen to them in the car and memorize them easily.

I know about analogion.net and the plethora of recordings there but they tend to be of various qualities and to correspond by various degrees. I also have a couple of tracks from Photios Ketzetzis but not the full cd.

Most recently I have found the website http://byzantine-music.gr/mp3/eirmologion-prosomoia.htm
They seem to correspond well with very slight yet noticable variations.

Though I am the only one from my home parish attempting to learn from the Greek and therefore could learn something close, I want have the ability to chant with a choir so if there is a "right" way I would like to learn it that way. Thanks to anyone who has input.

basil

Παλαιό Μέλος
I assume that I should attempt to learn them according to the Eirmologion of Ioannis protopsaltis. Is that a safe assumption?

Yes, the classical melodies in the Heirmologion of Ioannis Protopsaltis are the ones most commonly taught and used.

Does anyone know of any cds/recordings of prosomia that correspond to the Ioannis Protopsaltis Eirmologion?

Photios Ketsetzis has recorded a compact disc of the prosomia using the melodies in the Heirmologion of Ioannis Protopsaltis. See also the decent scores and recordings by Dimitrios Sourlantzis.