Holy Protection Doxastikon

GabrielCremeens

Music Director at St. George, Albuquerque, NM
Good morning everyone,

I'm attempting to find the Greek original of the following hymn, as it is found in the Menaion of Holy Transfiguration Monastery. Does anyone know where it might be located? I've looked in the services for Agia Skepi on both October 1st and October 28th, and I can't seem to find a hymn that is exactly the same.

While we're at it, if anyone has music for this hymn (if it even exists at all) in Greek, I'd love to see it. :)

October 1st - Vespers - Glory; both now. First Tone

Let us strike up a harmonious canticle today, joyfully making the Virgin's extraordinary miracles to resound; let us magnify that supernatural sign, which her faithful servants, the marvellous Andrew and his beloved Epiphanius, steadfastly gazed upon in the venerable temple of Blachernae. For when she spread out the holy protection of her sacred veil, she wondrously covered all the pious. Wherefore, we also, who today commemorate this wonder, make fervent entreaty, saying: Shelter us, O Lady, Queen of all, with the mighty protection of thy grace; and save from perils and adversities them that piously honour thee, and worship with faith thine immaculate Child, O all-hymned Virgin.

In Christ,
Gabriel

domesticus

Lupus non curat numerum ovium
Good morning everyone,

I'm attempting to find the Greek original of the following hymn, as it is found in the Menaion of Holy Transfiguration Monastery. Does anyone know where it might be located? I've looked in the services for Agia Skepi on both October 1st and October 28th, and I can't seem to find a hymn that is exactly the same.

While we're at it, if anyone has music for this hymn (if it even exists at all) in Greek, I'd love to see it. :)

In Christ,
Gabriel

Check this and this by fr. Leo Schefe

The above text is in the second link -I think- with recording of the prologue Τὸν συνάναρχον
ἦχος πλ. α'
Τὸν συνάναρχον Λόγον​
Τὴν ἁγίαν σου Σκέπην, ἁγνὴ Πανύμνητε, ἣν ἐν Βλαχέρναις κατεῖδον τοὺς πιστοὺς σκέπουσαν, ὁ Ἀνδρέας ὁ σοφὸς καὶ Ἐπιφάνιος, ἀνευφημοῦμεν εὐλαβῶς, προσκυνοῦντες ἐν χαρᾷ, ὡς σκέπουσαν καὶ φρουροῦσαν καὶ ἀπήμονας συντηροῦσαν, τοὺς προσκαλοῦντας τὴν ἀρωγὴν αὐτῆς​

GabrielCremeens

Music Director at St. George, Albuquerque, NM
I looked in both links; I can't seem to find a hymn with exactly the same text. The piece with Τον συναναρχον λογον as the prologos is not the same, because the one I am searching for is a doxastikon, not a prosomion.