Hymns from the Sunday of Pentecost

greek487

Tasos N.
I am looking for hymns in English and in byzantine notation from the Sunday of Pentecost, including vespers, orthros, and divine liturgy.

So far, I've only found the Apolytikion and Kondakion from Papa Ephraim's Divine Music Project here.

Thank you in advance,
Tasos

. . .

basil

Παλαιό Μέλος
I am looking for hymns in English and in byzantine notation from the Sunday of Pentecost, including vespers, orthros, and divine liturgy.

Fr Seraphim Dedes has composed music for the Katavasiæ. I have also composed music for the Communion Hymn. I have also attached to this post the music which I composed last year for the Doxastikon.

Attachments

• Hymn of Pentecost.pdf
    45.9 KB · Views: 191

GabrielCremeens

Music Director at St. George, Albuquerque, NM
Fr Seraphim Dedes has composed music for the Katavasiæ. I have also composed music for the Communion Hymn. I have also attached to this post the music which I composed last year for the Doxastikon.

Thanks, Basil, these are both helpful. Sorry to drag this topic up a year after the fact, but I realized today that your Doxastikon of Pentecost is not available on your webpage, and thought perhaps you might like to to add it. (I realized this because I looked on the webpage but didn't find it, but, thank goodness remembered this topic!) :)

In Christ,
Gabriel

romanos4

Παλαιό Μέλος
Thanks, Basil, these are both helpful. Sorry to drag this topic up a year after the fact, but I realized today that your Doxastikon of Pentecost is not available on your webpage, and thought perhaps you might like to to add it. (I realized this because I looked on the webpage but didn't find it, but, thank goodness remembered this topic!) :)

In Christ,
Gabriel

Indeed! Great Communion Hymn, Basil - I will give it a go during the Communion of the Laity today.

Ross

Don't know if this is helpful and my apology that this is a day late. Enclosed are my attempts at a number of the Idiomela for Pentecost based on Mousike Kypsele 2 (Triodion & Pentecostarion) - Stephanou (1898?) and the Irmoi and Katavasia based on the Irmologion - Ioannis Protopsaltis (1903)

Attachments

• Pentecost Lord I Cry v1 T1.pdf
    92.9 KB · Views: 92
  • Pentecost Lord I Cry v3 T1.pdf
    36.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Pentecost Lord I Cry v4 T1.pdf
    39.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Pentecost Lord I cry Doxasticon T8.pdf
    47.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Pentecost Aposticha Doxasticon T8.pdf
    41.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Pentecost Heirmoi 1-4 _1st Canon_ T7.pdf
    85.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Pentecost Heirmoi 5-7 _1st Canon_ T7.pdf
    43.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Pentecost Heirmoi 8-9 _1st Canon_ T7.pdf
    45.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Pentecost Katavasia.pdf
    622.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Pentecost Kneeling Vespers Aposticha v1 T8.pdf
    40.8 KB · Views: 67
  • Pentecost Kneeling Vespers Aposticha v2 T8.pdf
    42.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Pentecost Kneeling Vespers Aposticha v3 T8.pdf
    41.9 KB · Views: 39
Enclosed are a complete rewrite of the Pentecost Katavasia using the new HTM Pentecostarion texts.

Appreciate any feedback, corrections, etc. (May have attempted to stick to the original melody a little too much.)

Rdr. Michael

Attachments

• Pentecost Sun Katavasia Ode 1-4 T4.pdf
    41.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Pentecost Sun Katavasia Ode 5-6 T4.pdf
    37.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Pentecost Sun Katavasia Ode 7-8 T4.pdf
    38.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Pentecost Sun Katavasia Ode 9 T4.pdf
    34 KB · Views: 28

romanos4

Παλαιό Μέλος
Richard,

The Stichera Idiomela are the same as the Praises Idiomela from Orthros - Fr. Seraphim I'm sure has the Western notation scores.

The Doxa Kai Nyn of the Stichera is Basileu Ouranie...the same as from Orthros.

The Prokeimenon is Tis Theos so you probably have an abundance of English to choose from (my preference for English being that of Papa Ephraim).

The Aposticha and its Doxastikon (Come all you people...) all seem to be here.

I think you'd be completely covered for the Kneeling Vespers if you wanted to do an all English service. If you want a file containing all the Greek scores together let me know and I'll send it to you.

R.