Holy Week Greetings

saltypsalti

Παλαιό Μέλος
Brother Psaltai --This is one of the few times I can say this across the calendar divide -my greetings to every one of you for the celebration of the Lord's Passion and Resurrection. Please pray for us and for me -this year's Holy Week is a time of particular stress, as my Lampadarios departed early this year for the East Coast leaving 4 of us (3 of whom are 1st year and myself), and also there is illness in the family. I fear God does not listen to me, but to others, maybe.

Καλω Δυναμη, και Καλω Πασχα

John Peter Presson, sinful chanter

EIRYK EMNOSHELE

Qu'est-ce que je ferais sans toi?
Dear John
Our prayers are with you, your singing assistants in the church and your family.
You don’t need to act under the pressure of stress because your situation is not that bad as you think. Just get organized and everything will be just fine. Let me give you some ideas which may help you.
Always try to chant with a calm and a low pitched voice. No one really likes loud and aggressive voices.
Ask one of your mates to hold the ison. In case he finds it hard to cope with, just ask him to do the basic note only and keep silence each time the mode changes.
You may obtain another book of the Holy Week and ask the other guy to do the kanonarchima.
Get prepared as much as you can with the typikon and all this stuff. Make sure you have all the books you need for the services.
Well, that’s all for now. My greetings to you too for the Lord's Passion and Resurrection.